Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch the GAA in London?

Options
  • 04-06-2016 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am relatively new to London - looking for a place to watch the Dubs this evening. I am based in South London but would travel for a good atmosphere.

Does the alexandra in Clapham show GAA?

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

Hiya - I think the Faltering Fullback in Finsbury Park shows GAA. It's also a very nice atmosphere!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

La_Gordy wrote: »
    Hiya - I think the Faltering Fullback in Finsbury Park shows GAA. It's also a very nice atmosphere!

I live close to the fullback, great spot for the GAA!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

frag420 wrote: »
    I live close to the fullback, great spot for the GAA!!

Great spot altoghether - one of my favourite places in London!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

Hi all,

I am relatively new to London - looking for a place to watch the Dubs this evening. I am based in South London but would travel for a good atmosphere.

Thanks a million!

The Alex certainly used to show all the GAA matches when i lived around there (moved in 2013), i would assume it still does. They were usually busy enough for bigger matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,682 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Hi all,

Thanks a million!

The Alex in Clapham is the main hub there for GAA matches. Fairly jammed for all matches. Can be an enjoyable atmosphere if you like your culchies!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

All the O'Neills chain of pubs should show it if you are stuck. I would not expect much of an atmosphere. I know the O'Neills in Leytonstone (East London) does show the GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭ISOP

where is South London? Ganley's in Morden is a good spot, good Sunday roast too. O'Neil's chain is rubbish and would have soccer on first if there is a game on

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

ISOP wrote: »
    where is South London? Ganley's in Morden is a good spot, good Sunday roast too. O'Neil's chain is rubbish and would have soccer on first if there is a game on

Just where I was going to suggest, and only about 5 to 6 stops from The Alex on the Northern Line, and its not a good Sunday Roast, its a bloody awesome Sunday Roast. Well at least it was last time I was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

The Hoppole in Wandsworth. A great pub, food is great value and there's a trad session on afterwards.

The Mayfair in Tooting, Rte or TG4 and you can order your pints as Gaeilge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

callaway92 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thanks a million!

The Alex in Clapham is the main hub there for GAA matches. Fairly jammed for all matches. Can be an enjoyable atmosphere if you like your culchies!

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Less of the racism Callaway. Where I come from, a culchie is a serious insult. It generally means a backward narrow minded and rude/ignorant individual. Insulting someone by their accent or where they are from is by definition, racist[/font]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

Paddico wrote: »
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] Insulting someone by their accent or where they are from is by definition, racist[/font]

That's not racism. To judge someone on their race is racism. To judge someone from where they are from is xenophobia.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Less of the racism Callaway. Where I come from, a culchie is a serious insult. It generally means a backward narrow minded and rude/ignorant individual. Insulting someone by their accent or where they are from is by definition, racist[/font]

Ah relax will ya. Thats not even remotely racism. Unless "where you are from" is suddenly a unique culchie race.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Culchist!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,682 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Calm down ya bleedin' culchie ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Alright muck savage relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

I'll be in London the weekend of the GAA replay, staying in the Earls court area, any tips other than the above on where to catch the game?

Advertisement