Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Express problem

Options
  • 04-06-2016 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Having a problem with accessing Garmin Express

Accessed it no problem last Sun, and uploaded my club spin details from my Garmin 500, could see the data in Garmin Cnnect i.e. all normal

Did a lovely ~60K spin in the evening sunshine yesterday and went to upload the details and no matter what I do, Garmin Express will not open for me. Not getting any error message, just tries to open, and then I get that annoying "rebound" noise indicating that the device hasn't connected etc.

Anyone else having any problems lately ? No updates done to my PC so there's no obvious reason why it's suddenly starting acting up

Any and all suggestions (of assistance !) welcome.........thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭prionnsias

I'd say try and uninstall the app and then reinstall again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

First I'd look to save the ride. Upload It manually via mass stotage setting.

Then the usual tricks of uninstall and reinstall

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

prionnsias wrote: »

Im having problems with my Garmin Express.
    If I do as you suggest, is there any danger, that I will lose my activities?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭prionnsias

Eamonnator wrote: »

Im having problems with my Garmin Express.
    If I do as you suggest, is there any danger, that I will lose my activities?

I don't want to be responsible if you do lose any of your activities but everything should be synced to your garmin connect account online so there shouldn't be any risk of losing your data. Nothing is really stored in the app on the computer. The way I understand it is garmin express is just a way your garmin communicates with you garmin connect account. If I was troubleshooting the issue I'd give that a go anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I don't want to be responsible if you do lose any of your activities but everything should be synced to your garmin connect account online so there shouldn't be any risk of losing your data. Nothing is really stored in the app on the computer. The way I understand it is garmin express is just a way your garmin communicates with you garmin connect account. If I was troubleshooting the issue I'd give that a go anyway.

Thank you, I'll give it a shot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement