Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protection/advise if new lease is cancelled

Options
  • 04-06-2016 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Hello,

I will be moving into a new apartment later this month.

I've not yet provided my current landlord my 45 day notice, but would like to do so soon. I want 2 weeks overlap between the two places.

I've been offered the lease and paid the deposit. Contract will be signed on the day with the keys being handed over. I see nothing as certain until the lease is signed.

If I give my notice to my landlord now, and the new lease is cancelled for whatever reason, what options would I have? Could I request to stay longer in the current place if agreed with my current landlord, or would I need to commit to moving out and find somewhere else asap?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Best advice I can give is to talk to your landlord. Be honest in your intentions and let them know upfront. They will be more accommodating that if you give them bare minimum notice then look to pull back later.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SarahS2013

Ask the new guys if can you sign the contracts now?

Advertisement