Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disc Surgery

Options
  • 04-06-2016 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,
    I was admitted to hospital with chronic left leg pain due to sciatica. After having an mri I have been told that I am in urgent need of an operation to shave the disc in the L5S1 area of my spine. I am in severe pain and am confined to bed most days with not much quality of life. I have been prescribed Lyrica, Targin, Oxynorm and Amitryptaline which helps a bit when lying down, but nothing helps with the pain when I try to sit or stand. I know there are people out there in a worse position than myself.
    I am wondering how long of a waiting list there is. I have been told that there are 150 people on it, and have also been told that it could be August, but not holding out much hope, with the way the health services are.
    Thanks in advance...

Comments

Advertisement