Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dormant account

• 04-06-2016 5:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭

Have just got a letter from eBs ,says I have a dormant account, and they apologized for not giving me 6 months notice. It's a sure cert account and as such can not have any transactions. Matures in 2018. Has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

Are you sure they called it a dormant account? A dormant account is one that has no customer-initiated transactions in 15 years, see here

EBS SureCertificate Accounts
    are 4 year fixed term account; if it's maturing in 2018, then you only took it out in 2014?

I'd don't understand what your issue is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭horse7

Spocker wrote: »
    Are you sure they called it a dormant account? A dormant account is one that has no customer-initiated transactions in 15 years, see here

EBS SureCertificate Accounts
    are 4 year fixed term account; if it's maturing in 2018, then you only took it out in 2014?

I'd don't understand what your issue is?

Originally opened in 2006 ,and let it roll over, they just send u a letter saying if u do nothing it will roll into a new term.

Ah ok, that explains it. I don't think theres anything specific you'd need to do; even if the account is dormant you can still get access to it by producing the relevant information

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭horse7

It's 15 years for a dormant account,this one is going on 10 years.

Without the text of whats in the letter, it's hard to give any advice to be honest; what outcome are you expecting?

• Advertisement
Advertisement