Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to dromod

Options
  • 04-06-2016 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everyone my family n I are moving to dromod and was wondering can anyone tell me were the nearest primary and secondary school is please thank u ...

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Where is Dromod?Do you mean the one in Kerry?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kat122

Sorry it's in longford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

kat122 wrote: »
    Sorry it's in longford

Has it moved from Leitrim?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

You'd do better post in that forum than here so.

*Moved from primary and pre-school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

Can't understand why no one could answer the simple question. I'm not from the area but know Dromod quite well, a most charming and beautiful village on the shores of Lough Bofin on the Shannon and definitely in the County Leitrim. I'm sure you've discovered by now that the nearest primary school is probably Roosky and nearest secondary is probably Carrick-on-Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

Hi, I'm only after seeing this thread, sorry I wasn't here to answer sooner.
    The local kids of Dromod go to either Annaduff or Bornacoola primary schools, and Carrick or Mohill secondary schools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭almostbroke

Hi...if you're from the area....do you know anything about the houses in MacOisin Place? Do you know if there are many houses on that estate, if theres many sold, and if the development has been completed or left unfinished, or work still going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

Hi...if you're from the area....do you know anything about the houses in MacOisin Place? Do you know if there are many houses on that estate, if theres many sold, and if the development has been completed or left unfinished, or work still going on?

Hi almostbroke,

I haven't been in that estate in nearly a year, when I was looking for a house to rent myself. From what I remember there are about 10 detached houses, and then a terraced strip that has some houses, apartments, a cafe, a hairdressers/beautician, a takeaway and a physio/gym.

I know from friends that the houses are spacious and beautifully finished on the inside, but my impression of it was that it looked a bit unkept and unfinished. The detached houses overlooked an overgrown green area and a few fenced off unfinished houses, and the terraced houses and apartments are completely surrounded with the old n4 to the front, and a carpark to the back.

Now, a lot could have changed in a year. Next time I'm driving through the village I can take a spin into the estate and have a look around if you want?

Are you set on MacOisin Place? As there are much nicer estates in the village, imho.

My favourite houses in the village would be on Bofin Avenue, and in Shannon Cove. The houses in The Waterfront have stunning views of the lake, but they are a bit on top of eachother. River Meadow has nice big houses, though some of them back onto the railway line, so noise may be an issue? Millbrook has lovely big houses too, and is across the road from the playground.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask, either here or via pm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭almostbroke

ajjmk wrote: »
    Hi almostbroke,

I haven't been in that estate in nearly a year, when I was looking for a house to rent myself. From what I remember there are about 10 detached houses, and then a terraced strip that has some houses, apartments, a cafe, a hairdressers/beautician, a takeaway and a physio/gym.

I know from friends that the houses are spacious and beautifully finished on the inside, but my impression of it was that it looked a bit unkept and unfinished. The detached houses overlooked an overgrown green area and a few fenced off unfinished houses, and the terraced houses and apartments are completely surrounded with the old n4 to the front, and a carpark to the back.

Now, a lot could have changed in a year. Next time I'm driving through the village I can take a spin into the estate and have a look around if you want?

Are you set on MacOisin Place? As there are much nicer estates in the village, imho.

My favourite houses in the village would be on Bofin Avenue, and in Shannon Cove. The houses in The Waterfront have stunning views of the lake, but they are a bit on top of eachother. River Meadow has nice big houses, though some of them back onto the railway line, so noise may be an issue? Millbrook has lovely big houses too, and is across the road from the playground.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask, either here or via pm :)

Thanks very much for your reply.....good info. there. I haven't actually ever been to Dromod.....Ive only researched online and heard good reports from friends who have first hand knowledge of it. My first preference would be to find a house in Carrick on Shannon but nothing is coming on the market that suits my budget or my taste....and I was hoping to find a place before the end of the year. So I just started to check out whatever was available in Dromod and I liked the layout of the houses in MacOisin Place...theres very few houses on the market in Dromod...theres one on the Waterfront which looks nice, but I was worried about flooding...its very near the water! I may go down in a couple of weeks and check out a few places, and then go on to Carrick if I have a few viewings arranged there....I know Dromod is very quiet, but I lead a very quiet life, so that wouldn't bother me so much....I don't drive so I need to be near train and buses....thanks again for your reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Butterball

As transport is an issue ...I know that a school bus does not travel from Dromod to Annaduff school ...not too sure about Bornacoola or Mohill NS...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭roosky

My nephews and neices live in dromod and go to bornacoola school, a fantastic rural school with loads to offer. Another reason for picking bornacoola over annaduff is the bus service from dromod

Advertisement