Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Brown 1390 - lift problem

Options
  • 04-06-2016 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi

I was hoping someone can help.

I have a db1390, parked it up for the winter, and when I went to use it, the lift is giving trouble.

It works when it wants,but that's it. When it's cold, it will go up more often, but when warm, I cud be waiting over 5 mins, revin the tractor up and down, before the lift decides to go up.

Once it does work, it will lift whatever weight I have on her.

I topped up with oil, and changed the filter in the back, but this didn't help.

Any ideas, before the fine weather is over!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Where are based OP? I know of 2 good DB mechanics in East Clare.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

tcow wrote: »
    Hi

I was hoping someone can help.

I have a db1390, parked it up for the winter, and when I went to use it, the lift is giving trouble.

It works when it wants,but that's it. When it's cold, it will go up more often, but when warm, I cud be waiting over 5 mins, revin the tractor up and down, before the lift decides to go up.

Once it does work, it will lift whatever weight I have on her.

I topped up with oil, and changed the filter in the back, but this didn't help.

Any ideas, before the fine weather is over!!

I've no idea ha, not ever a problem we have had with any 3 of the 1390s we have had over the years ha, however fire up the same question on this Facebook group for DBs and you'll get an answer very quickly

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=261581520560

Whereabouts are ya based also? I know of a very good DB mechanic in wexford and another crowd in meath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭tcow

Thanks lads. I'll try get it sorted myself first before asking the big guys.

Might be something small

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Thanks lads. I'll try get it sorted myself first before asking the big guys.

Might be something small

Had bother with our 1394 2 years ago with the hydraulics. Is the oil pressure reading normal ?? Our tractor was slipping into constant pumping without us knowing and burnt the pump out of it

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Had bother with our 1394 2 years ago with the hydraulics. Is the oil pressure reading normal ?? Our tractor was slipping into constant pumping without us knowing and burnt the pump out of it

I think mine might be doin the exact same.what was Makin it slip in and out?

• Advertisement

I think mine might be doin the exact same.what was Makin it slip in and out?

Testing the oil pressure would tell you immediately. We noticed our 1 very slow to lift and the lever for lift the arms was very light when you use it. What happened our was that the shims in the valve chest moved out of place causing it too pump. If you look in under the cab from the back end on the right hand side you'll see the valve chest for all the leavers. Thats what our problem was. Caused a nice bit of damage

• Registered Users Posts: 10,761 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Is the pump not always on anyway. Pumping away but generating no pressure until required.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Testing the oil pressure would tell you immediately.

Thanks for that. how do I test the oil pressure?��

Thanks for that. how do I test the oil pressure?��

We got a lone of a gauge off a neighbour that you plug into 1 of the spool valves and pull the leaver to put it into pump and then see what it reads

Advertisement