Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dengfu fm086 problem

Options
  • 04-06-2016 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

I recently purchased a Dengfu frame. Quality seemed perfect and when was in shop getting built they were really impressed with quality of frame As too when being fitted on bike was told how good the bike felt and looked.
    Any how few spins later and I have a small bit off movement on fork. Well actually a good bit but I have it down to a small bit after investigating.

Was all packed for tri athy Friday eve and about to load bike into van and noticed the movement. Anyone have the Dengfu and have similar problems.

I'm hoping it's just a case of rebuilding headset and frame and a re torce of all bolts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭noc231073

You have probably just a loose headset .. Which can happen after u put together a new frame when things settle ..
    Make sure your headset was put together correctly ie: all the spacers in the right way especially the top one that locks the headset.
    There a couple of things to check to much to list ..
    Either bring it back to who built it for u ..
    Where are u based?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭splanagan22

noc231073 wrote: »
    You have probably just a loose headset .. Which can happen after u put together a new frame when things settle ..
    Make sure your headset was put together correctly ie: all the spacers in the right way especially the top one that locks the headset.
    There a couple of things to check to much to list ..
    Either bring it back to who built it for u ..
    Where are u based?

Yes I stripped it right back. It appears the bolts in the stem under the cover were slightly loose after I built bike and then the top lock washer moved slightly and it's giving it play, but I've put it back together a few times and just doesn't seem to be rock solid yet. I'll Gona drop it into LBS on Tuesday for a good going over.

Advertisement