Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pleasurecraft in DL Harbour

Options
  • 04-06-2016 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭

Could someone please tell me are pleasurecraft especially jetskis allowed in dun laoghaire harbour I was down there today having a walk on the pier and it was annoying having to listen to the sound of jetskis and other pleasurecraft I imagine they would also effect sailing down there with the waves they create. I saw harbour police down there but they didn't seem to be doing anything abouto it and then I saw them putting a jetskis on a trailer and the harbour police were nowhere to be seen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

As far as I can see all the "Harbour Police" do is issue traffic tickets. They have a website with no direct phone or emergency number (LOL) so you have to get the mobile number from the CEO's secretary/office! (Wonder what the heck they do too?).

The anti-social behavior on the pier is well and truly ignored, tolerated and accommodated with prime views and real estate to boot.

But as for those damn drivers parking an extra half hour....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Give the harbour master a call.
    http://dlharbour.ie/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/NtoM-4-of-2016-small-craft-various-regulations-and-restrictions.pdf

Sounds like they were speeding within the harbour

Advertisement