Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I specify minimum payment into my bank account?

Options
  • 04-06-2016 7:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

If I want customers to make payment by bank draft into my boi current account, can I specify a minimum payment?  This is to ensure that I get no "contemptuous" payment less than that amount.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,069 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I've never heard of someone wanting to stop someone paying money into their account. I'm betting it's the first time the bank has been asked this. :)

I can't say I know all the rules of the banks but I don't think it would be possible to stop people lodging or transfering below a certain amount to your bank account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    If I want customers to make payment by bank draft into my boi current account, can I specify a minimum payment?  This is to ensure that I get no "contemptuous" payment less than that amount.
    Hi 5rtytry56,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

It would not be possible for us to set a minimum on the amount that can be lodged into your bank account.

If we can help you with anything else here please let us know,

Thank you,

Tara C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

@ Tara C, thanks for reply.

@ other thread viewers

I am operating a mail order operation for my product, which is posted out in advance of customer paying, on an Goodwill basis.

This was to prevent a customer, after receiving my product through the post trying to pay a frivolous amount into my account.  , for instance because they thought my product was substandard or they thought post and packaging was too expensive. 

Thread can be closed now.

Advertisement