Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

valve

Options
  • 04-06-2016 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

hi i went to pump my wheels today and i noticed that the value ,the part you loosen and press to deflate the tire was missing yet the tire was fairly hard.

Without the value I could inflate any harder , and deflated the tire in the process of trying to pump it.
    question ...do i need a new tube ? Can you get just that part to screw back up into the value?

many thks

paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Just get a new tube. No point in arsing around with something that can be replaced for a few euro.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

hi i went to pump my wheels today and i noticed that the value ,the part you loosen and press to deflate the tire was missing yet the tire was fairly hard.

Without the value I could inflate any harder , and deflated the tire in the process of trying to pump it.
    question ...do i need a new tube ? Can you get just that part to screw back up into the value?

many thks

paddy

What do you mean by you COULD inflate any harder ?

value instead of valve

Re read your post again, words missing etc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I had that part break off one of my tubes as well, lasted several weeks but eventually had to replace. Might as well do so early on rather than risk being caught out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

New tube so required. Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

The exact same thing just happened to me! Signed on for tour of Louth, checked tyres and put a few psi in the front and screwed the valve top right off!
    The tyre still holds pressure but I didn't want to chance it. New tube €6. Taxi home , a lot more. Replace your tube

• Advertisement
Advertisement