Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Copa America 2016

• 04-06-2016 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

pIakKiD.png
    4–27 June

TFA1qAc.jpg
    Saturday 4th June 2016
    USA 0 V 2 Colombia 02:30 | Costa Rica V Paraguay 22:00

Sunday 5th June 2016
    Haiti V Peru 00:30 | Brazil V Ecuador 03:00

Jamaica V Venezuela 22:00

Monday 6th June 2016
    Mexico V Uruguay 00:00

Tuesday 7th June 2016
    Panama V Bolivia 00:00 | Argentina V Chile 03:00

Wednesday 8th June 2016
    USA V Costa Rica 01:00 | Colombia V Paraguay 03:30

Thursday 9th June 2016
    Brazil V Haiti 00:30 | Ecuador V Peru 02:00

Friday 10th June 2016
    Uruguay V Venezuela 00:30 | Mexico V Jamaica 03:00

Saturday 11th June 2016
    Chile V Bolivia 00:00 | Argentina V Panama 02:30

Sunday 12th June 2016
    USA V Paraguay 00:00 | Colombia V Costa Rica 02:00

Ecuador V Haiti 23:30

Monday 13th June 2016
    Brazil V Peru 01:30

Tuesday 14th June 2016
    Mexico V Venezuela 01:00 | Uruguay V Jamaica 03:00

Wednesday 15th June 2016
    Chile V Panama 01:00 | Argentina V Bolivia 03:00

Friday 17th June 2016
    Group A Winner V Group B Second Place 02:30

Saturday 18th June 2016
    Group B Winner V Group A Second Place 01:00

Sunday 19th June 2016
    Group D Winner V Group C Second Place 00:00

Group C Winner V Group D Second Place 03:00

Wednesday 22nd June 2016
    Quarter-Final 1 Winner V Quarter-Final 3 Winner 02:00

Thursday 23rd June 2016
    Quarter-Final 2 Winner V Quarter-Final 4 Winner 01:00

Sunday 26th June 2016
    3rd Place Play Off 1 V 3rd Place Play Off 2 00:00

Monday 27th June 2016
    Finalist 1 V Finalist 2 01:00

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Youtube at present is fine as Youtube has revenue sharing arrangements in place with copyright holders and as such polices it's own content.
    Costa Rica -vs Paraguay currently showing on youtube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Costa Rica -vs Paraguay currently showing on youtube.

Also on Setanta Sports 1.

Thanks for starting the thread and for the match info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I had the game Costa Rica game on in the background and it was just constant whistle blowing from the ref. Very niggly game.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I had the game Costa Rica game on in the background and it was just constant whistle blowing from the ref. Very niggly game.

Only interesting part was discovering Juan Iturbe plays for Paraguay now. What a rotten year he had.
    I didn't watch Brazil vs Ecuador but I'm not surprised with the result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I watched the first game and it was awful but the Peru vs Haiti game was entertaining. Peru play a very attractive game of ball, they have a very good coach too in Ricardo Gareca who did a great job at Velez Sarfields for a couple of years. Haiti aren't up to much but they have a lot of pace in their side and that makes them dangerous. Final score was 1-0 but with better finishing it could easily have been 3/4-2 to Peru.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

these games on sky/bt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

these games on sky/bt?

Setanta1, and the odd one on SetantaIreland.

these games on sky/bt?

on youtube too

jamaica vs venezuela

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,291 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Just getting this out there i think this is comp is just a glorified set of friendlies

on youtube too

jamaica vs venezuela

Is this the official Copa channel? The audience has been veering between 240 and 260 since I started watching, not exactly capturing the imagination of fans worldwide.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Just getting this out there i think this is comp is just a glorified set of friendlies

Once you get into the knock out stages it is an incredible competition and the drama that occurs every tournament is one of a kind. I was over in South America for a Copa America and the entire country was just bonkers.

Is this the official Copa channel?

er
    i guess so?.... :pac:
    Mexico -v- Uruguay about to kick off on same link there now.
    quality in these games has been a bit lacking so far, but hopefully this'll be good.
    at the very least it'll be something to watch while waiting on GoT. :rolleyes:

er
    i guess so?.... :pac:

Lol, I'm slow :o

Early lead for Mexico, should hopefully mean its an open game.
    Sad that theres no Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

chile's national anthem played instead of uruguay's :pac::pac:

WarZ wrote: »
    Once you get into the knock out stages it is an incredible competition and the drama that occurs every tournament is one of a kind. I was over in South America for a Copa America and the entire country was just bonkers.

I was going along the line that there is no real reward at the end, the proper Copa America was last summer along with the Good Cup for North America.

Watched this game last night. Mexico looked really good at times and the football was entertaining but Uruguay were cynical at times in this game and the way they treated the referee was disgraceful. It reminded me of the 1986 World Cup, this team weren't as dirty as the '86 one but their attitude towards the referee was as bad if not worse.

Almost everytime a decision went against them there were at least three or four players in the referee's face. Godin was particularly bad and I'm surprised he wasn't sent off.

For Mexico Hector Herrera was outstanding and the old man Rafael Marquez too. Reyes was another impressive performer along with Layun and Aquino. Aquino went off early after basically running a marathon in 60 minutes or so and the guy that replaced him, his name escapes me, was impressive too. I think they have to be favourites after that performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,765 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Well said.

"Three cheers for the Mexicans"

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Well said.

"Three cheers for the Mexicans"

Ramirez? Three bloody cheers for Ramirez?! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Looking forward to Chile and Argentina tonight, never fails to impress.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Looking forward to Chile and Argentina tonight, never fails to impress.

These south american players must be absolutely b*llocksed. For three consecutive years on the spin they have played tournament football in the summer (four if you consider Uruguay and Brazil played confed cup in 2013 and Chile will play Confed cup next year).

From an Arsenal point of view it has definitely taken its toll on Sanchez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is there an offical Youtube channel for this? The links further up the thread show dead content

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Bloody annoying that the Argentina v Chile is on to late for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

The later games are on too late for Colombia, nevermind Europe.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    The links further up the thread show dead content

They change match to match. This should be good for both of tonight's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Great winner for Panama, great sense of composure and awareness from Arroyo to square it after he beat his man in the box.

Messi not starting for Argentina, can't wait to watch Arturo Vidal for Chile if I can stay awake...

Argentina bench has Lavezzi, Pastore, Lamela, Aguero and Messi!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Sanchez should've scored there

Great save by Romero from Alexis. Couple of chances and it was an entertaining first half of football. I'd expect to see Messi introduced at the start of the second half unless he has an injury.

• Advertisement

It ended up 2-1 last night with Chile getting a consolation goal in injury time. Di Maria scored a nice goal on the counter and set up the second one for Banega, it went off of Jara I think it was, who also had a good game. Defensively Argentina were pretty good and Chile despite some really fast pasing and goog movement didn't get many chances. When they did they found Romero in great form between the sticks.

I'd fancy both these sides will do a number on Panama and Bolivia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Great game in Chicago so far, dodgy defences but a 100 miles an hour, and a cracking goal to make it 2-0 to the US

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

That was a must win for the US and they came through in style. Just need a draw now against Paraguay to progress.

Cracking opening goal by Coutinho in the Brazil Haiti game on now

edit-he's on a hat trick now, 2-0 Brazil. Lots more goals to come I'd think too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Cracking opening goal by Coutinho in the Brazil Haiti game on now

edit-he's on a hat trick now, 2-0 Brazil. Lots more goals to come I'd think too

Should really be 5 by this stage, Brazil just missing the finish or final ball in some great positions.

Comical performance by Haiti. Obviously there is a vast difference in resources, but I cant remember the last time I saw worse defending than Brazil's third goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Comical performance by Haiti. Obviously there is a vast difference in resources, but I cant remember the last time I saw worse defending than Brazil's third goal.

Maybe the last 7-1 Brazil were involved in

Maybe the last 7-1 Brazil were involved in

Thats exactly what came to mind when the 7th goal went in

I'd a feeling Brazil might do something like that but I don't think it means anything as regards how good they are. I don't think they are going to get close to winning this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Brazil have a better group of players than the World Cup and are a bit more balanced in who they pick. They'll probably be hamstrung by Dunga's tactics as long as he's there but although hammering Haiti isn't going to tell us much, the personnel that are there and also missing from the tournament is of a better quality than in recent times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Last time I saw something as comical (in terms of defending) was in the Confederations Cup when Tahiti played.

To be fair, Haiti have limited resources and players to choose from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Bolivia robbed by an awful penalty call against Chile. Chile pretty poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Hmm, posted on another thread a few minutes ago. But after 3 minutes you could tell there would be a bajillion cards in this Panama/Argentina game. Sadly I'd nothing left in my account to throw on.

5 yellows plus one second yellow/red card and we are 33 mins in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Riders Of Rohan

Good to see Messi back with a bang, he showed how much levels he is above the average footballer

Corholio wrote: »
    Bolivia robbed by an awful penalty call against Chile. Chile pretty poor.

Very harsh penalty. That said, Chile were at least trying to win the game, aside from a magnificent free kick, Bolivia were camped in their own half and time wasting at every opportunity.

Chile were pretty poor despite dominating the game. They need a new coach I think, they didn't look like they had good movement. They had lots of nice quick passes but they were going nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Right e o. 45 more minutes of searching for info on fan violence in France before USA/Paraguay.

Have a USA/Colombia double in tonight's games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

USA 1-0 Paraguay
    Colombia 2-3 Costa Rica
    USA tops their group. Colombia finishes second.

Colombia had a second team out last night. I think it's a smart move to set them up for the knockout stages. The second team was very poor though. It was so bad that they brought on James and Cardona at halftime and Cuadradro with about 25 minutes to go so they didn't get a full game off which must have been the original plan.

Tells you how serious it is when they don't even have the final group games on at the same time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Clear Hearts

Tells you how serious it is when they don't even have the final group games on at the same time

Copa america group stage just dont have the same appeal as the euros, the fans really start to care only when it gets to knockout

• Advertisement
Advertisement