Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Kerry

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Since most people are have terrible broadband I'll post the opposite!

5383385059.png

Living near Na Gaeil, Tralee. The exchange is 20 yards away from me and I've never had a problem with it. Siro were working nearby recently and we'll have the 1GB broadband in a few months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

No one is saying Tralee has poor broadband. We are saying those who currently cannot avail of High speed broadband through their telephone lines have poor broadband.

Sire are currently setting up in areas that are currently fibre enabled so they can just compete with the current providers

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Normal service has resumed with Kerry Broadband this evening. 1.06mb download speed.

Hanging in there at 4MB on my 20+ connection .

Has anyone on Kerry broadband managed to get their Xbox one working online .

My NAT is always strict regardless what router settings are applied . Tried all the port forwarding , dmz etc .

It's also strict when plugged directly into the receiver . So I'm thinking its a kbb issue but they say it's not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

Anyone know how to connect a wireless router to kerrybroadband

I have an old eircom and vodafone one I want to use. currently connecting through a switch but want wireless

N0 internet the last hour. Anyone else on kbb having issues .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

N0 internet the last hour. Anyone else on kbb having issues .

No, working fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Barely scraping 2Mbps with Kerry Broadband this evening

• Advertisement

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Barely scraping 2Mbps with Kerry Broadband this evening

Same as that myself, I wonder what they will do when all the promised high speed broadband like siro and eir ftth are rolled out, if they ever get rolled out

g1983d wrote: »
    Same as that myself, I wonder what they will do when all the promised high speed broadband like siro and eir ftth are rolled out, if they ever get rolled out
    I won't have too much sympathy. They don't do much for customer loyalty.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Seems to be a good few of these fixed wireless providers are 'milking it for all it's worth' seeing as their days are limited with FTTC & FTTH services on the way. It's disappointing to see but it will give you more satisfaction when you switch.

The wait for fibre really is gruelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

pickled101 wrote: »
    Anyone know how to connect a wireless router to kerrybroadband

I have an old eircom and vodafone one I want to use. currently connecting through a switch but want wireless

I dont have info on Kerry Broadband specifically, but I just discovered how to connect my own wireless router to my new broadband. When I got my new broadband (from Permanet) my exitsint router would not connect to it. The Penny dropped when I tried to connect my PC to it, it said "type the password or press the allow-connection button on the modem" ....or words to that effect... So I figured the router was trying to connect to the modem, and was failing because you cant type a password on a router! So I turned off the router for a few seconds, turned it on, and then press the allow-connection button on the modem, and bada-bing bada-boom .... its connected! Seems I have to do this every time I loose electricity too, but works like a charm now I have the knack!

hope that helps

PS Permanet say I have 6meg speed, but I get 1 to 2meg of that .... seems to be ok for Netflix and Xbox1 ....

I have to keep restarting my Kerry broadband receiver every few hours . Complete lack not connectivity. I checked the siro roll-out map and it's no where near me .

Even though a lad who called to my parents door said it would be .. The wait goes on

I have to keep restarting my Kerry broadband receiver every few hours . Complete lack not connectivity. I checked the siro roll-out map and it's no where near me .

Even though a lad who called to my parents door said it would be .. The wait goes on

Siro is only town centre and very close to town centre.
    They said surrounding areas will be phase too but dint have dates for that.
    Not holding my breadth

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I see there are guys from Tli around our estate in Oakpark today. Not sure what they are doing yet as they haven't been to my house, but they are doing something at each meter box.

TLI are working on behalf of Siro.

That mad they're only doing town center. Town center has access to decent broadband. I thought Siro was supposed bring broadband to Rural Ireland.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

That mad they're only doing town center. Town center has access to decent broadband. I thought Siro was supposed bring broadband to Rural Ireland.

Yeah they knocked on the door to explain they were doing an external survey on behalf of eircom & Vodafone. Someone was into us in work from Siro last week too.

• Advertisement

They want to pick up as many customers in easy to access areas as they can before eir start rolling out. The early bird and all that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

xxyyzz wrote: »
    They want to pick up as many customers in easy to access areas as they can before eir start rolling out. The early bird and all that...

They could be in trouble as most people would be in 18 month contracts with eir and unable to move

I wonder If the Imagine LTE is going to be any better than Kerry Broadband. Sadly it's not available in my area yet :( but it might be when my KBB contract is up in January :D

They say they are capping it a 400 per mast so they don't have contention issues. Wonder if that's true

I wonder If the Imagine LTE is going to be any better than Kerry Broadband. Sadly it's not available in my area yet :( but it might be when my KBB contract is up in January :D

They say they are capping it a 400 per mast so they don't have contention issues. Wonder if that's true

Thats what a lad in their van told a mate of mine recently,they will then add another mast for the next 400 customers,if its needed

Also he said they wont install unless the minimum speed is 30 Mbps

Thats what a lad in their van told a mate of mine recently,they will then add another mast for the next 400 customers,if its needed

Also he said they wont install unless the minimum speed is 30 Mbps

Being a national company you'd imagine they would be stronger at things like customer support at least.

Re. Siro, it's a pity that they are only going town centre. Their twitter page annoys me as they put up a post every couple of hours explaining all the great things you could do with FTTH.
    I think we all know how good it'd be if we could get it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭siblers

5419031117.png
    What a time to be alive

SIRO are having a town hall meeting on Friday in the Ballygarry.

Details as follows

Want to hear more about the benefits of our 100% fibre optic network?

We’re hosting a public town hall event in Ballygarry House, Leebrook Tralee on Friday 15th July at 8am.

Come along and see how SIRO can transform how you live and work in Tralee.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

siblers wrote: »
    5419031117.png
    What a time to be alive
    "Slower than 64% of IE"

Look on the bright side, the glass is 35% full :D

On a more serious note, which ISP is that with?

Kerry broadband really outdoing themselves this evening

0.30 down 0.02 up

• Advertisement

5471348926.png

Advertisement