Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Kerry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

They have gone to the dogs . They are completely over subscribed .

Also imagine seeing this on a Vodafone website

Please note, due to staff holidays, there may be a delay in responding to all emails and messages from 6th July-17th July

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

They have gone to the dogs . They are completely over subscribed .

Also imagine seeing this on a Vodafone website

Please note, due to staff holidays, there may be a delay in responding to all emails and messages from 6th July-17th July

Wow, great customer service!

Cracking speeds this evening . 0.04 download . Can't even load the boards app. Have to use my 4g data to post this .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I'm getting 7 tonight from Kerry BB. Is there any you have a sh*t router or you have a baby monitor turned on or something like that? It took me ages to realise that our baby monitor was playing havoc with the wireless in the house as the operated on the same channel.

Have a fairly decent netgear. It's OK again. Up around 6 for the moment . Its not great considering I'm paying for about 25

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

unkymo wrote:
    Since most people are have terrible broadband I'll post the opposite!

unkymo wrote:
    Living near Na Gaeil, Tralee. The exchange is 20 yards away from me and I've never had a problem with it. Siro were working nearby recently and we'll have the 1GB broadband in a few months time.

Update: Vodafone rep called today. He said Siro is officially launching tomorrow in Tralee but won't be live for another 2-3 weeks. I'm currently paying 38 Euro for 50 MB broadband but for an extra 2 Euro a month I can get the 150 MB package. 18 month contract but the first two months are free and free installation as well.

I told him to call back in a few weeks when's it's ready and I'll sign up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Damokc

KerryBB cat tonight. Won't connect to any sites hosted outside of Ireland as far as I can see. They sent out emails a few months ago saying that they were routing all requests through different servers. Now this may be the case again or else it's just a fob off....again.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

If any of ye want to PM me and I can have a look and see if there's any alternative available for ye or else if/when better services will be coming yer way feel free. I live not too far away so have a fair idea.

Boom!

5491710704.png

Show off

On a side note I can't access YouTube or some other sites . Keep getting dns errors.

Also have to keep plugging out my transmitter because internet just dies ..

Welcome to 2016

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Damokc

In fairness, when its good its very very good but when its bad its horrid.
    5491800668.png

Have kn installers outside the house today. Asked what they're up to was told laying the cable for eircoms fibre. Said it will be about 4 months before its active .

Hopefully bye bye Kbb

You jammy bastard.

unkymo wrote:
    Update: Vodafone rep called today. He said Siro is officially launching tomorrow in Tralee but won't be live for another 2-3 weeks. I'm currently paying 38 Euro for 50 MB broadband but for an extra 2 Euro a month I can get the 150 MB package. 18 month contract but the first two months are free and free installation as well.

I'm getting the Siro broadband installed on Friday. When I rang Vodafone they said that the 150MB package wasn't available in Tralee but they put a request in and it's ready to go.

Only negative is that my broadband at home has been cut off for the last week as Vodafone switch my account to Siro.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭g1983d

Imagine have launched the LTE broadband for Tralee and surrounding areas, I would hazard that's the death knell for Kerry Broadband.
    They are taking reservations now for go live end of September, while I'd prefer fixed line or fibre this is great until they happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,568 ✭✭✭✭siblers

g1983d wrote: »
    Imagine have launched the LTE broadband for Tralee and surrounding areas, I would hazard that's the death knell for Kerry Broadband.
    They are taking reservations now for go live end of September, while I'd prefer fixed line or fibre this is great until they happen

It covers Milltown and Killorglin and even goes to Castleisland, I wonder where they have their masts set up, gonna enquire myself to see if I can avail of it.

They have a limited of 400 users per mast

yeah, the more users the worse their service. Imagine is not a silver bullet. They have a disastrous record.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

What does Imagine cost per month for broadband only?

They have a €29.99 deal for phone and broadband

pnb.png

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Imagine isn't the golden egg a lot of people seem to think it is.

See the Broadband forum for more info.

Also, that site is on Sliabh Mish, cosited with Kerry Broadband/Permanet/RTE/ex UPC.

• Advertisement

There LTE package is 59 a month which is pricey enough.
    It's obviously not the best that can be got but for where I live (5k outside Tralee) it would be the best and can't be worse than Kerry Broadband.
    I think I'll go with them until SIRO or someone rolls out fibre

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Hi

Anyone her have Sky Broadband ?? Currently with Vodafode but need to change

newman10 wrote: »
    Hi

Anyone her have Sky Broadband ?? Currently with Vodafode but need to change
    Vodafone and Sky use the same eir infrastructure. You should get very similar speeds with both providers.

Have you a particular issue with Vodafone?

unkymo wrote:
    I'm getting the Siro broadband installed on Friday. When I rang Vodafone they said that the 150MB package wasn't available in Tralee but they put a request in and it's ready to go.

Only negative is that my broadband at home has been cut off for the last week as Vodafone switch my account to Siro.

2 weeks later and I've still no broadband! There's a blockage at my house and they have dig a hole somewhere but Siro can't be installed until the other company clear the blockage! Looks like another week or two before it's installed.

I only get around 2-3 mbps between 5-midnight so I doubt Imagine are much worse but I'm a bit weary of their customer service.

By any chance do any people here use http://www.kingdombroadband.ie/?

siblers wrote: »
    I only get around 2-3 mbps between 5-midnight so I doubt Imagine are much worse but I'm a bit weary of their customer service.

By any chance do any people here use http://www.kingdombroadband.ie/?
    Coverage map is wildly off anyway. There is no site that can provide that kind of coverage, and if they are using Sliabh Mish like the others, there is a sharp drop off in coverage about 4km west of Tralee on the Dingle peninsula.

They have other masts, they have signs up saying it's available in my area which would imply the use a different mast. I'm with Iveragh broadband and they have masts dotted all over the place, I'm connected to one out towards Cuarruantouhil

marno21 wrote: »
    Vodafone and Sky use the same eir infrastructure. You should get very similar speeds with both providers.

Have you a particular issue with Vodafone?

Its not bad but contract is up and they want to increase the price:mad:
    Currently have Home phone and Broadband with them

siblers wrote: »
    They have other masts, they have signs up saying it's available in my area which would imply the use a different mast. I'm with Iveragh broadband and they have masts dotted all over the place, I'm connected to one out towards Cuarruantouhil

How are their speeds? Live in Beaufort

• Advertisement

newman10 wrote: »
    How are their speeds? Live in Beaufort

Pretty bad during peak time, somewhere between 2-3 get the full 10 during off peak. Their customer service is brilliant though.

Advertisement