Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Kerry

Options
123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Molzer2 wrote: »
    Hi there!
    Just wondering if anyone has changed their home broadband to Vodafone recently and if so were you happy with the changeover process?
    I had a nightmare a few years back but am getting a bad deal from Eir currently.
    Thanks

Moved into the Broadband thread. MOD

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Molzer2 wrote: »
    Hi there!
    Just wondering if anyone has changed their home broadband to Vodafone recently and if so were you happy with the changeover process?
    I had a nightmare a few years back but am getting a bad deal from Eir currently.
    Thanks

We moved to Vodafone Siro in November. I can't say I'm overly pleased with them. We were messed around with the installation for ages, dates being rearranged, then not being able to do work until something else was done. Just too much messing. It took almost 2 months before we finally got it in, so I would seriously recommend not cancelling your current provider until the other one is in, or you'll be without broadband! We also have had 3 outages since December, which lasted far too long. 2 were just last week and it was ridiculous not being able to get onto anyone to deal with it.

We have it in work too, which I regret even more than home as it causes bigger issues. We were with Three business for years and we never had many issues with them.

There are a lot of unhappy customers regarding Siro, so not sure if its worth it. The regular broadband with them isn't meant to be as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I'm not sure how much interest SIRO have anymore, they were originally one of three contenders in the national broadband scheme but they subsequently withdrew from the tender so it's hard to see them sticking around in the broadband market for too long. Eir's fibre product is the best available by a distance if you are lucky enough to have it available to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 XanderTheGreat

Hi, anyone using KerNet as I was thinking about moving BB over to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

I used both KerNet and IverTec, had no issues with either.
    With the fixed wireless options, it relies on how good your line of sight is to the masts they use, such as the one in Traleeor the one in near Castleisland golf club.

I can't remember for KerNet but I think IverTec the mast in Tralee(same as the TV one I think) is the faster one and the one near the Castleisland golf club is the WiLite ones.
    With both IverTec and Kernet I was getting the advertised speeds during day, but prob around 9pm peak time would drop to half, such as the 30MB going down to 12 or 15 but still good enough.

Also remember Imagine are there now too, more expensive but again if you have line of sight to their Mast you could be getting 70 or 80MBplus speeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 XanderTheGreat

Thanks Brav, I have Ivertec wireless BB at the moment with around 40/10 speeds and the CS is good but they capped my usage out of the blue last month so now after 16:00 I've used up my daily limit and they throttle me down to 5mbs which is no use to me as I'm a heavy user. I'll give Imagine a shout and see how it compares to KerNet as I don't mind paying for a decent service that I can rely on 24/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

Thanks Brav, I have Ivertec wireless BB at the moment with around 40/10 speeds and the CS is good but they capped my usage out of the blue last month so now after 16:00 I've used up my daily limit and they throttle me down to 5mbs which is no use to me as I'm a heavy user. I'll give Imagine a shout and see how it compares to KerNet as I don't mind paying for a decent service that I can rely on 24/7.

I've been using Kerry broadband for years and never had any hassles with them. Might be worth checking them out

Advertisement