Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple of hours to kill in Cork

Options
  • 05-06-2016 4:15am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'll be in Cork city centre tomorrow and was meeting a friend for lunch and then later going to Mallow. I'll be in the city centre and will have a couple of hours to kill.

Anything to do? I've been to the Crawford Art gallery before and as a non drinker please don't suggest a pub!:pac:

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I'll be in Cork city centre tomorrow and was meeting a friend for lunch and then later going to Mallow. I'll be in the city centre and will have a couple of hours to kill.

Anything to do? I've been to the Crawford Art gallery before and as a non drinker please don't suggest a pub!:pac:

Thanks!

You have the Redbull soapbox race on patricks hill to watch if your board ?.

Or you could go to the gate and see a film ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Think today is the quiter day of the long weekend as the Ocean to City rowing race was on yesterday & then the Cork City marathon is happening tomorrow. As mentioned above the Redbull thing should be good or maybe a stroll along the Marina or into Fitzgerald Park (to see the fabled Sky Garden that the council spent crazy amounts of cash on!).

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭walsh08

It depends what you are in to but you could use the hop on hop off bus or go to Fitzgerald's park for a stroll and a coffee or else have a look around St. Fin Barre's cathedral.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Lots to do depending on interests,I'm fond of just wondering aimlessly around city centres or siting for a coffee and watching the world go by. The red bull race is kicking Off about now, presumably there will be food stalls etc with it. Check out Elizabeth fort,English market etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Check out Elizabeth fort,

Never even knew that existed. Had to google it. Looks like it could be worth a look. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

lads any tyre repairs shop u aware of ? stuck in kenmare on my spare:( !!

Advertisement