Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Wader Soles for Mud ?

• 05-06-2016 10:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭

Folks,

After a brief gap (of about 10 years :o), I've started flyfishing again.

I have a pair of chest waders with felt soles that I've used a fair bit, but mostly on rivers with rocky bottoms. I'm now looking at fishing in a couple of rivers, where there's a long walk across mud and a scramble down a high muddy bank and was wondering if the felt was any use or should I be looking at getting a pair of rubber soled boots with a bit of grip.

Any suggestions ?

Comments

You can buy studs that will screw into your boots. Not sure if it will solve the problem of slipping but will give more grip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Felt is useless for muddy conditions. No grip and a pain to clean. Just get rubber soles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭BrownTrout

Rubber soles with metal studs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭Redjeep!

Thanks everyone. I thought as much. I'll look around for some studded rubber soled boots.

Advertisement