Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Careers and guidance

• 05-06-2016 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi ..I am looking for a good career guidance person who can help my daughter with making her college choices and also I want to go to college as mature student but need help in discovering what careers would be suitable for me ...I am in Leitrim area but am willing to travel. Any suggestions or contacts of someone you would recommend would be greatly appreciated ...thanks Kathleen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SeanH100

Hi Kathleen

I would like to recommend an Excellent Career guidance Councillor and life Coach. Rita McNamara. She is based in the midlands and west area, she can meet you at your own home and preform various and in depth tests and exams and interviews to find out the areas in which you would excel in terms of career and what your interests are. She also prepares people for interviews and I found her excellent I have had experience of many interview coaches and I found her the best. As far as I am aware she was a career guidance councilor in a secondary school and now has her own business doing life coaching, interview prep and career advice. I came out from her sessions feeling so positive, confident and prepared for my interview for the (Cadets - Irish Defense Forces).
    Her name is Rita McNamara and her number is 087 455 7599.

Hope this helps
    Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kathleen rose

Many thanks for your recommendation Sean ...I am going to contact Rita tomorrow ...She sounds very highly qualified and just what who I need to get some direction ...much appreciated ..Kathleen

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SScott4562

Hi Kathleen.
    I went to Rita for guidance last year as I was doing my leaving certificate and was unsure what path I wanted to follow. She did psychometric testing and provided me with a comprehensive book after many discussions with me and online tests, which very accurately described my interests, abilities, skills and pointed me in the right direction (engineering). Rita was most helpful, extremely knowledgable about all aspects of career guidance and clearly passionate about what she does, along with being a lovely lady!

Advertisement