Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think it's possible to get 4As and 2Bs in the LC?

Options
  • 05-06-2016 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, everyone,

I'll be going into 5th year in Septemeber and I intend on working extremely hard from day 1 in 5th year as I hope to study medicine when I leave school. (I've already began looking at HPAT past papers too.) I hope to achieve a minimum of 4 As (A1 or A2) and 2 Bs (B1) in my LC, and I hope to take all higher level subjects as I did for the JC. I'll be studying English, Irish, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Business, French and Home Ec.
    In my JC, however, I didn't study as much as I would have liked. I always did my homework to the highest standard and I rarely got less than an A in exams, but I didn't study enough for the actual JC. In all higher subjects I got 1 A (English), 3 Bs (Science, Home Ec, CSPE), 5 Cs (Maths, Irish, French, Business, Art) I know I got all honours, but I only studied the day before my exams and I would've liked to do better. If I work really hard as I intend to, do you think it'd be possible to achieve my goal, 4As and 2Bs?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,189 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Yes of course it's possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

It's been known to happen.

And from what you've said you seem quite capable.

The best people to ask are your teachers.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It's quite possible to bring up your grades from JC, if you're prepared to put the work in.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

Work hard and you are almost guaranteed to succeed! I wanted to improve my language grades that I got B's in for the JC and I managed to get A's in both. I had to work hard and I had decent teachers but just focus on your goal. Take 5th Year seriously as it will stand to you but don't burn yourself out. You'll have all of 6th Year to do that.:p

Just try your best and you'll get pretty far. In fact, a friend of mine got similar results to you in the Junior Cert (which are pretty decent, to be fair) but based on their recent exam results, they're a good bet to do the best in the school this year. That's due to motivation and hard work so it's absolutely achievable. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Badgerrr7

You sound like great craic......not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement