Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sulky's on the Canal walk

Options
  • 05-06-2016 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

Sulky's are now using the canal walk these days from the slip all the way up to the old Mill...beware..!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,414 ✭✭✭✭road_high

pegasus1 wrote: »
    Sulky's are now using the canal walk these days from the slip all the way up to the old Mill...beware..!

Love to see these banned completely. Regularly see kids no more than ten years old on very busy city roads and national roads travelling along mixed with or holding up traffic that has paid road tax and is fully licenced. It's outrageous and if it was any other section of society it wouldn't be tolerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

If the L.A. erected a couple of barriers at each end, would it have the desired result?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

If the L.A. erected a couple of barriers at each end, would it have the desired result?
    The Farmer owning the field beyond the mill is putting concrete yokes instead of the gate thats there, and for the other end along with the car-park, barrier gates like they use for the forest parks would need to be used...

Edit: not forgetting the gate to the walk at the side gate to the castle park..

Edit 2 : also the entrance down the back lane along the walk itself would need to be done too...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Love to see these banned completely. Regularly see kids no more than ten years old on very busy city roads and national roads travelling along mixed with or holding up traffic that has paid road tax and is fully licenced. It's outrageous and if it was any other section of society it wouldn't be tolerated.
    I'd also love to see these banned not though due to lack of tax collection but for safety. There is no restraint for anyone on the back especially for kids who are generally hanging on to an adult.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Saw a sulkie write off a fairly new expensive car about 2 1/2 years ago on the ring road. Fookers just scarpered. Garda did nothing then,probably do less now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

meanwhile pull over that L driver on their own and arrest them.

easy targets for cowards

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

miece16 wrote: »
    meanwhile pull over that L driver on their own and arrest them.

easy targets for cowards

Much as I hate to agree with this, I unfortunately must. I saw at first hand how they dealt with the sulkine problem.....they didn't:(

Advertisement