Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raheny 2 Mile Summer Series

Options
  • 05-06-2016 4:25pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

13346761_1080889635305279_9041511487384243972_n.jpg?oh=e8b1f4dad0dcad8bebe7bc3e42660936&oe=5806FC89&__gda__=1473593526_0123654fa96327d2714030bd938624b0

13335828_1080889505305292_7499704125700617650_n.jpg?oh=9a3e63fc059a0cf4985babef9c30264c&oe=57D38B8E&__gda__=1472776631_fe480117d6ccb90b28fc30e59c2c7ad3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Did one last summer before injury. Looking forward to a few more this time around!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 boboloo

Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows whether this race will be an actual 2 miler, 5k or 4 miles? In previous years it was 4 miles or 5k?

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Battery Kinzie

I presume you don't have to be a Raheny Shamrocks member to do these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

I presume you don't have to be a Raheny Shamrocks member to do these?

No, all welcome! People from any club and none very welcome! Just turn up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

boboloo wrote: »
    Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows whether this race will be an actual 2 miler, 5k or 4 miles? In previous years it was 4 miles or 5k?

Many thanks
    It's listed as a 5K on the Raheny Shamrocks website.

• Advertisement

Thank you very much for getting back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,459 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

KJ wrote: »
    It's listed as a 5K on the Raheny Shamrocks website.

Surely though something called the "2 Mile Summer Series" is more likely to feature races of 2 miles? :p

Or it could be a Raheny thing, I suppose. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

What now? Is it not 2 miles? confused.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,459 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

It is 2 miles. Looks like just a mistake on the website.

Just a reminder, this series starts tomorrow night. ALL WELCOME!

It's great value (€50 for 11 races or €7 per race), it's quite a fast course and you can track your progress time-wise and against your rivals :) week by week.

Tea and biscuits and prizes in the clubhouse after.

See you there!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

HelenAnne wrote: »
    Just a reminder, this series starts tomorrow night. ALL WELCOME!

It's great value (€50 for 11 races or €7 per race), it's quite a fast course and you can track your progress time-wise and against your rivals :) week by week.

Tea and biscuits and prizes in the clubhouse after.

See you there!

Can you pace us slower runners now that you are a podium finisher..?

Dub13 wrote: »
    Can you pace us slower runners now that you are a podium finisher..?

No pacers allowed at Raheny races ever! Pat would go mad if we weren't all racing our hardest :).

And what do you mean slower, I seem to remember seeing the back of you in every rep last Wednesday! You left me for dust! (& I was on the lowest step of that podium yesterday).

HelenAnne wrote: »
    No pacers allowed at Raheny races ever! Pat would go mad if we weren't all racing our hardest :).

And what do you mean slower, I seem to remember seeing the back of you in every rep last Wednesday! You left me for dust! (& I was on the lowest step of that podium yesterday).

Haha, I train hard and race slow. I really need to flip that "going forward".

So, no pacers, but it's a very welcoming race series! Everyone welcome, and anyone considering joining the club, you get to meet people after over tea and biscuits (and sometimes cake if anyone bakes any).

It's two laps on quiet, housing-estate roads. A good variety of paces, from 5 minute milers to 10 minute milers.

Hi

Could I check where the registration is taking place for the above race on Sunday. Will it be the Red Stables in St. Anne's as in previous years. Also would anyone know the route?

Many thanks

Hi

Could I check where the registration is taking place for the above race on Sunday. Will it be the Red Stables in St. Anne's as in previous years. Also would anyone know the route?

Many thanks

I'm confused about this one - I'd say the best thing would be to ring / text the organisers (on flyer at top of thread). All the rest are in Raheny & 2 miles, for sure!

Will do. Thank you.

Will do. Thank you.

Ok I checked: the midsummer race on Sunday is NOT in st annes this year. It's a 2 mile race around the usual Raheny Road loop - so register in clubhouse from about 10.15 Sunday morning and it's a 5 min walk to the start. 2 miles, on the road, not in the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Running Fool

Turned up to this tonight, wasn't sure what to expect.

2 x 1miles around a flat-ish course in a nearby housing estate.
    Definitely well organised and friendly. I couldn't stick around long after but enjoyed it, finished in about 12mins something.

Would recommend it to anyone. For me it was 3m up from Fairview and back again, so a good way to fit a few fast miles in between.

Turned up to this tonight, wasn't sure what to expect.

2 x 1miles around a flat-ish course in a nearby housing estate.
    Definitely well organised and friendly. I couldn't stick around long after but enjoyed it, finished in about 12mins something.

Would recommend it to anyone. For me it was 3m up from Fairview and back again, so a good way to fit a few fast miles in between.

Glad you enjoyed it, its a nice course alright.

• Advertisement

Results will be up on www.rahenyshamrock.ie tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for all the information

This is on again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

I just about managed to get down in time last night. Torrential rain up til the start but once we got going it was grand.
    About 60 people in total which I thought was pretty decent given the weather.
    Hoping to do all the remaining races now as I badly need to improve on my 13:19 from last night!

And this is on again tomorrow night. Hopefully drier than last week!

Advertisement