Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Criterium de Dauphine 2016 - mod warning in post 223 and OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,427 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

happytramp wrote: »
    I'd love to see him go to the Vuelta and grab a couple of stages.

Is there any word actually if Sam will ride the TdF and/or the Vuelta?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

• Registered Users Posts: 10,785 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Is there any word actually if Sam will ride the TdF and/or the Vuelta?

I suspect he will be doing the Tour, his team has a wildcard

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    I suspect he will be doing the Tour, his team has a wildcard

Bora Argon 18 also have a wildcard entry for La Vuelta as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭happytramp

Have to say, it's great having Martin to support on the mountain stages and Bennett on the flat ones. Never a boring stage.

• Advertisement

Stage 2 Crêches-sur-Saône - Chalmazel - Jeansagnière (168 km)

A nice hilly stage for the GC guys to have a little battle before the tougher mountains later on in the week. Goooooo Dan!

Live coverage on Eurosport2 at 3pm

PROFIL.jpg

1d5oqrF.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Tony Gallopin ftw. He'd get my bet only for pp only has him at 14/1. Steve Cummings (50/1) or Thomas deGend (100/1) look like good e/w bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Tony Gallopin ftw.

so so close

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

The Euroaport commentary was so bad it actually spoiled quite a good finish.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Brian? wrote: »

This.
    Kirby reached a high point in 2014 - he came across a having a genuine interest and improving his team and rider recognition during commentary. These days he sounds like less interested in the racing and more interested in quipping his way through the afternoon. Matt Stevens is a bad match and gives Kirby rope to do what he does.

Regarding the racing today... I think some riders were caught out by that finish. It appeared to be far more difficult than had been forecast. That's some Sky team - even with Poels struggling, they still have two guys to go up the road. Tinkoff were not as weak as expected even after working through the day for Contador. Jesper Hansen was good today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

one of the reports i read earlier had contador losing 6 seconds or so to froome, that doesnt seem to be the case anymore?

If the sprinters teams can't get their men over the few cat 4s tomorrow then I predict a breakaway win for Tommy V with Martin to take take a few secs from Froome with Contador right behind him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

retalivity wrote: »
    one of the reports i read earlier had contador losing 6 seconds or so to froome, that doesnt seem to be the case anymore?

He pulled back a few seconds all right but didn't see where....

retalivity wrote: »

The provisional results indicated that the commissionaires had decided that there were gaps between some of the riders that finished in the lead bunch. So Contador (23rd) lost some time to Froome (8th). But then there was a change of mind and everyone from 2nd place to 30th got the same time.

Brian? wrote: »

Carlton's current favourite rider is Sebastian Reichenbach. He wouldn't shut up about him during the stage finale!

Carlton's current favourite rider is Sebastian Reichenbach. He wouldn't shut up about him during the stage finale!

Atapuma must not be riding this race.

Are itv showing it live? They have a highlights show on in the evening. Ned boulting is alot more bearable then carlton.

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Atapuma must not be riding this race.

Atapuma is so 2015. He moved onto simon clarke a while back but sounds like he got bored of him and has moved on

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

neris wrote: »
    Are itv showing it live? They have a highlights show on in the evening. Ned boulting is alot more bearable then carlton.

They had the prlogue live on ITV 3 or 4, but didn't see it again the following days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

I'd beg to differ. Kirby definitely is much better when with Sean Kelly all right, who manages to tone Kirby down. However last year I remember I finding Boulting with David Millar just totally unbearable. The whole point of the cycling seemed was for them an excuse to non-stop intellectualise about what was going on beneath the surface, so to speak, rendering it for me anyway impossible to just relax into the racing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

Atapuma is so 2015. He moved onto simon clarke a while back but sounds like he got bored of him and has moved on

He got bored because he couldn't practice his french pronunciation with such a normal name.

He realised Simon Clarke was actually Lawson Craddock

ah ffs i tune in for the last 100 meters and looks like i missed something good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭happytramp

ah ffs i tune in for the last 100 meters and looks like i missed something good

Afraid so. I'm sure it'll be on later though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

That was a somewhat exciting last few km!!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭oconnpad

Think Steve Cummings is his current favourite.

That was some dodgy river crossing with 4km to go, hit one of those white bits in maps image below and it's a long way down. They must have been hitting 60kph turning on to that.

https://www.google.ie/maps/@45.0669767,4.7809384,3a,75y,161.72h,72.76t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1srD1u2SWhJVEyKKOo8CcwAw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭fat bloke

That was some awesome last 15k!! Chapeau, chapeau, chapeau.

Sam has a good chance tomorrow. He beat Kristoff in a similar uphill finish in Norway last season. Although he has Degenkolb, EBH, and Bouhanni to deal with too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

• Advertisement

Yep he's spot on.

In the UCI Regulations, Part XII: Discipline and Procedures, Article 12.1.040, Race incident 9.1.2, a 'flying-relay' amongst team mates results in a fine of 200 CHF and a 10 second penalty.

Advertisement