Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Criterium de Dauphine 2016 - mod warning in post 223 and OP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Another GC snorefest while sky are controlling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,441 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Another GC snorefest while sky are controlling

huh ? bardet up the road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Jesus how many times is Kirby going to tell us that every time froome wins the dauphine he wins the tour. You would swear to god froome has won the tour more than a whole twice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,493 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

retalivity wrote: »
    Kreuziger and Kiserlovski in the break spells fireworks from contador

Not really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,441 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

3th good man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

that was a brilliant finish

huh ? bardet up the road

I was talking about the yellow jersey group and since bardet was always going for the stage I dont think froome was worried about him

yates got 4 seconds on aliphillipe in the young rider category, was all going on in that finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

Kirby outdid himself today...absolutely shocking commentary.

Dan Martin outside chance for TDF podium? He's in great form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,493 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

"Well what can we say about Chris Froome"

Nothing Carlton, you have said absolutely everything. Twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Would ye ever all f*** off with the Kirby complaining?! I find him roughly infinitely more enjoyable than the whining about how bad he is.

Thought Dan looked super on that climb as shown by his finish.

My exciting bit of news is I'm going to launch a bid for head of the UCI. My main platform will be abolishing teams so the racing will be mad, uncontrolled & elevating to the soul of participants & observers alike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

pelevin wrote: »
    Would ye ever all f*** off with the Kirby complaining?! I find him roughly infinitely more enjoyable than the whining about how bad he is.

My exciting bit of news is I'm going to launch a bid for head of the UCI. My main platform will be abolishing teams so the racing will be mad, uncontrolled & elevating to the soul of participants & observers alike.

nothing about doping?

nothing about doping?

I'll abolish doping also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Dan could take 2nd in this if the GC Contendors contest the stage win tomorrow, between potential bonus seconds and his explosive finish, he has a great opportunity.

Will you ban carlton bashing aswell?

Perhaps he deserves his own thread. He'd love that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

He is a bit rubbish but then again, I find eurosport commentary on any sport rubbish.
    It would be class but unfortunately, even if it was possible, would never be workable as you would have individuals teaming up to make pseudo teams with the same backer but as some one who enjoys club league racing and A4/A3 racing, it would be wonderful.
    nothing about doping?
    Other than refusing to accept WADAs ruling and handing out a lifetime ban to every guilty pro rider, no excuses, there is nothing to do. There is no fear now, as there wasn't many years ago. ASO races seem to be almost protected from such issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Perhaps he deserves his own thread. He'd love that

Rock and rolling, keeping his powder dry with Carlton Kirby

neris wrote: »
    Will you ban carlton bashing aswell?

I'll relegate the Carlton bashers to tennis watching & prawn sandwich eating.

• Advertisement

I'll relegate the Carlton bashers to tennis watching & prawn sandwich eating.

I think we see more tennis while waiting for cycling

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

My lady words on Mr Kirby:

"Look at Froome stamping his authority on this race"

As he finished 4th, losing time to Dan Martin and widening his massive lead over Contador to 35s.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Is the racing that bad that the thread has been reduced to mocking the commentator?

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Is the racing that bad that the thread has been reduced to mocking the commentator?

It's not great. Yesterday was a decent stage. Today wasn't good at all.

You may have been asking rhetorically. But I am answering anyway.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,125 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    It echoes ironically the fact that Kirby's poor commentary is a constant distraction from the racing.

Brian? wrote: »
    It's not great. Yesterday was a decent stage. Today wasn't good at all.

You may have been asking rhetorically. But I am answering anyway.

It seems there was some action today, but the fact only the last 30km of the Queen stage was broadcast meant we missed all the attacking and just saw a GC ride to the finish with an attack in the last 1km, and Kirby's fawning over Froome was at it's worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

What was Bardet doing? If he promised Pinot the stage and did a two hander all the way to the line, he would be in yellow.

What was Bardet doing? If he promised Pinot the stage and did a two hander all the way to the line, he would be in yellow.

All seemed a bit much for him, he made a slew of bad decisions, you'd think the DS would have given him some sensible advice in his ear.

Inquitus wrote: »
    All seemed a bit much for him, he made a slew of bad decisions, you'd think the DS would have given him some sensible advice in his ear.

I get the feeling there is bad blood between Pinot and Bardet. It's the only way I can explain how Bardet rode today.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Brian? wrote: »
    I get the feeling there is bad blood between Pinot and Bardet. It's the only way I can explain how Bardet rode today.

Definitely rivals at least, they're both competing to be the new young French hope for the teams trying to be the big French team. Pinot's 26 and Bardet's 25, wouldn't be surprised if they've been competing for longer than we've known them.

Advertisement