Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iveragh 130 / 200 km 2016

Options
  • 05-06-2016 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭

Wondering if anyone knows if this is on this year? Have done it and few times and one of the best routes in the country. After missing the Mick Byrne my body is searching for some other form of pain!

http://www.iveragh200.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Inner Ring 200?

Limited to 20 riders though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Inner Ring 200?

Limited to 20 riders though...

Cheers, I've emailed the organiser so hopefully still places available.

Website says Saturday 16th July. Have signed up for the Inner Ring but gonna try both if I can as always enjoyed this route.

Made the trip down to the Kingdom on Friday evening and stopped off on the way to climb Conors Pass so got a nice 90km loop in. Got to the B&B then about 10pm so much later then hoped.

Got up at 7 then and made my way to Waterville for the start, with heavy mist/fog and rain forecast I knew there wouldn't be many there but unfortunately there was only about 15 participants. Still that didn't deter from the event. 200km across some of the finest scenery soaked roads the country has to offer was fantastic. This was my 4th time completing and even with the limited visibility on top of the hills the scenery was outstanding.

The route was tough with a lot of hills and thankfully it cleared a lot for the Valencia Island loop, then onto Coomanaspic which was covered at the top from the fog/mist which made it very intimidating. I struggled up but managed to climb it without stopping, then onto the final climb and home.

Really appreciate the effort from Eoin and the team to support us with such a small number of people, it was well sign posted, food stops well stocked and support cars all the way around.

If anyone is looking for a challenge next year then the 130km or 200km routes are probably amongst the best the county has to offer, would highly recommend this one and hopefully numbers increase next year.

The spin is back on again this year on the 15th July starts in Waterville.

As per the posts above this is one of the best I've ever done and thoroughly recommend

• Advertisement
Advertisement