Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney - Bike Fest - Camping,.?

Options
  • 05-06-2016 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks, just a general query.. I was passing thru' Killarney today as was going hiking on the outskirts - and noticed that the bikers had been camping on any green spot available over night.. I thought that there were laws against that? Did the cops throw a blind eye to it on account of the occasion? If so how did the locals feel about it? The main thing that would concern me would be lack of toilet facilities..

Just wondering..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

sporina wrote: »
    Hi Folks, just a general query.. I was passing thru' Killarney today as was going hiking on the outskirts - and noticed that the bikers had been camping on any green spot available over night.. I thought that there were laws against that? Did the cops throw a blind eye to it on account of the occasion? If so how did the locals feel about it? The main thing that would concern me would be lack of toilet facilities..

Just wondering..

I'd imagine it was very much a once-off and I was very surprised they got away with it for 2 nights. Shame a small number acted like this as overall the Bikefest was a blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Guys . The lads camping at Woodlawn cross were packing up on Monday I went and had a word . They were going across the green step by step and the place was cleaner when they left then when they arrived ! They were saying the had booked and paid for a camp site but the owner would not let their wives who arrived a bit later join them so they packed up and left. I noticed they were using glena house for toilets etc

Advertisement