Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage protection insurance

Options
  • 06-06-2016 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

How much does mortgage protection insurance cost per month and can you recommend some providers.

Mortgage over 30 years

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

kala85 wrote: »
    How much does mortgage protection insurance cost per month and can you recommend some providers.

Mortgage over 30 years

It depends on your current age, amount of mortgage, your personal profile including weight, height, smoking and drinking habits.

You have to go through a full questionnaire to get the exact price.

For example , 190k over 26 years costs me €22 with a broker through Zurich. I'm 35, normal drinker, non smoker and I'd class myself as relit sky for and healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

Like the poster above me and my OH went with Zurich €125k cover over 30 years non smokers normal drinkers, both 27 €9.86 per month. Zurich had the best value

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Sparky85

https://www.chill.ie

Chill is a comparison website that will give you a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,904 ✭✭✭✭L1011

From having changed mine and assisted a few other people in changing, Zurich are very, very competitive at the moment up to about 200k. However, everyones quotes will vary

I'm paying 9.60 a month which is apparently the absolute floor premium, for 170k despite the mortgage being 101k currently due to them not charging below that amount. Due to the premium and value being low they took a medical questionnaire from me and didn't contact my GP whereas BOI Life on the old policy did contact them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

€72 a month here on a 300K mortgage for two smokers.

Both quit on Jan 1st though, so expecting it to drop to around the €50 mark on next renewal.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Gaz wrote: »
    €72 a month here on a 300K mortgage for two smokers.

Both quit on Jan 1st though, so expecting it to drop to around the €50 mark on next renewal.

No such thing as a renewal on these policies. You have to be 12 months off the ciggys and then ring around for a new policy afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Cheezeweasel

I used Chill and got a 300k dual policy (payout of 300k for both of our deaths) for 35 years with Royal London which cost 43/m. If you are getting assurance for your mortgage, make sure that the policy doesn't start weeks before the mortgage is drawn down as your bank may not accept it. Personally I'd go with a policy that runs for longer than your mortgage does as the extra years doesn't cost that much and would make life easier for the surviving partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

kala85 wrote: »

Mortgage over 30 years

Zurich.

105k, 25 years, aged 30, non-smoker, social drinker, adventure sports (scuba).

Works out at ballpark €12-15 per month

Advertisement