Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin collection comparisons Maynooth

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

We've been with Allied for a few years now. Paper tags costing €10 to €12.50, depending where you buy and what way the wind is blowing, no annual fee or service charges.

We put out our bins probably 9 times a year, so we're looking at €100 or so annually.

Their website is rubbish, and doesn't say anything other than customers will be getting letters about new charges. As they don't know who we are I assume they'll drop them in the door when collecting our bins.

EDIT: it's also worth noting that we have always paid more than people across the border in Dublin have paid for the same service, even with the same provider. I'm assuming this has something to do with KCC owning the landfill that our waste goes into.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bolektrolek

hopefully not breaking a board rules by citing Irish Independent:

"There will be no increase in bin charges for the next 12 months. All of the companies in the Irish Waste Management Association (IWMA) have agreed to freeze their prices, along with other major players including Greyhound and City Bin"

more to read on irish Independent. cant post a link (yet).

Do I get it correctly and should expect love letter from thorntons saying - ignore previous letter?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Got our bill for bins 302 for the year :(
    I can't find my bill from last year but I am sure if was not near that .
    Is this cost then norm atm ?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lastblackdog

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Got our bill for bins 302 for the year :(
    I can't find my bill from last year but I am sure if was not near that .
    Is this cost then norm atm ?

We use Panda (was Mahon) and we pay €12.00 for domestic waste about 10 times a year = €120.00 plus €4.00 for recycling about 8 times a year = €32.00 so in total pay €152.00 with no standing charge.

Obviously if we needed to leave the bins out more often than we would pay more. This arrangement suits us.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

We use Panda (was Mahon) and we pay €12.00 for domestic waste about 10 times a year = €120.00 plus €4.00 for recycling about 8 times a year = €32.00 so in total pay €152.00 with no standing charge.

Obviously if we needed to leave the bins out more often than we would pay more. This arrangement suits us.

We have 4 kids so the bins go out every collection but I will have a look .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭dazzday

Sorry for bumping this!

Moving to Maynooth this week (just two of us) and looking for a recommendation for a bin company....any experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Lastblackdog

dazzday wrote: »
    Sorry for bumping this!

Moving to Maynooth this week (just two of us) and looking for a recommendation for a bin company....any experiences?

There are only two of us (small amount of waste) and we use Panda (was Mahon). We pay €11.20 for general waste and €3.80 for recycle with no standing charge.

Because we only put the bins out a few times a year this is the cheapest option for us. Families need a different offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

There are only two of us (small amount of waste) and we use Panda (was Mahon). We pay €11.20 for general waste and €3.80 for recycle with no standing charge.

Because we only put the bins out a few times a year this is the cheapest option for us. Families need a different offering.

Allied do a pair of tags at €12.50 (price can vary tho). Both bins are collected for that, on the same day. No standing charge either.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭dazzday

Thanks for the replies folks.

Went with Panda... 12e + 4e for both bins, no standing charge. Happy enough with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,879 ✭✭✭✭L1011

One thing I'd recommend right now is avoiding lengthy contracts - in the past some firms did a to end of year + 12 month contract for new, so it'd be 15 months now. The pay by weight issue was just kicked down the road a little bit; you could find some operators with huge price hikes next summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

We're having such hassle with AES. Previous owners of the house we bought had contract with them. I've been contacting them since end of July and the bins are still not collected. Ridiculous!

Advertisement