Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staff Retention Strategies?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

PMBC wrote: »
    For the dentist? Is that not covered as is doctor's visit?

Its civil service- so you have 90 days (weekends included) in any 4 year period. It means unless you're seriously ill- people tend to use any leave other than sick leave- for doctors and/or dentist appointments. Its probably not a good idea to use civil service benefits in the Elec Eng's case- the civil service can't keep technical posts- esp. IT posts- its just not competitive with the benefits and indeed salary, in the private sector.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

One of the best jobs I ever had was one where I knew everything that was happening all the time.

One of the worst was where I didn't. Nothing demotivates me like not knowing the higher purpose of something I am doing or seeing things happen around me which I haven't been privvy to.
    It was very disheartening to see new things getting built or new machinery arrive without being told it was happening and being expected not to care as it wasn't my area.
    Its belittling to be honest and one of the reasons I left.

That and having access to productivity information.

Advertisement