Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thailand

• 06-06-2016 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Planning a trip to Thailand with my boyfriend in December and looking like we will have 15 days - leaving 24th Dec. Looking for any advice really from flights, to places to go and see. At the moment I hope to go Shannon, London - Bangkok with BA. My other half is determined to pop to Cambodia to for a few days - is this a viable option? Flights are coming in at about €1100 each which seems expensive but I guess its high season. We travel a fair bit but usually within Europe so not what one might call seasoned travellers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭kate07

Depends on what sort of things you are interested in, cities, beaches, partying..Thailand has everything, I spent 7 weeks there last year and cant wait to go back. Cambodia is a long bus ride, so you'll be spending 2 days traveling to go and get back, I think for 15 days I would concentrate on Thailand.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭marty66

kate07 wrote: »
    Depends on what sort of things you are interested in, cities, beaches, partying..Thailand has everything, I spent 7 weeks there last year and cant wait to go back. Cambodia is a long bus ride, so you'll be spending 2 days traveling to go and get back, I think for 15 days I would concentrate on Thailand.

Cheers Kate,
    Will look at flying to Cambodia for a few days but as you say maybe best to focus on Thailand

Yeah theres so much to see and do in Thailand, but if ye really want to go, flying is probably the best option! Thailand is amazing, 2 weeks is definitely not enough time to see everything there, and if you go north to Chaing Mai or Pai then to the Islands, for time you should check out internal flights too, the train/bus takes a long time, even from Bangkok to Koh Lanta, I took a bus and it took over 20 hours! :O So internal flights are yer friend when you have so little time :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

What about areas that have become really touristy ? I've heard Koh Phi Phi has become overrun with tourists in the last few years !

Koh Lanta is meant to be nice and good for chilling out. Krabi is nice too.

Yeah Phi Phi is totally overrun with tourists, its a party island but I only spend 2 nights there, spent a lot longer in Koh Lanta, just such a cool, chilled place and met loads of super people. I regret not getting to Koh Lipe for a few nights, anyone I met that was there said it was paradise. Koh Chang is another Island that Ive heard is nice, and its only 5 hours from Bangkok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

For a start, I think 15 days is crazy. I'd recommend no less than a month in Thailand alone.

In 15 days I would stick with Thailand and leave Cambodia for next time (trust me you'll be hooked and go back)

We normally fly Dublin - Dubai / Abu Dhabi - Bangkok. Can't speak about prices as we fly Business.

If you let us know what you're into (wanna go North to the green areas, or down South to the beaches?) i'll happily provide info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

Anyone any recommendations on booking accommodation around Christmas time ?

I realize it's the peak season so would using sites like booking.com be a good or bad idea ?

Thanks for any tips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

grahamor wrote: »
    Anyone any recommendations on booking accommodation around Christmas time ?

I realize it's the peak season so would using sites like booking.com be a good or bad idea ?

Thanks for any tips.

Booking.com will have the advantage of free cancellation. Prices will just go up as you get nearer the time so you've nothing to lose by booking now. If you see something better later just cancel.

Advertisement