Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign company willing to work in Ireland

Options
  • 06-06-2016 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hello Folks,
    I am here to rise a question. Is it possible for a foreign company to work in Ireland?

In the specific it is a building company wanting to enter the business here in the Republic.

If the answer to the question above is positive, what's the procedure for starting a legitimate business?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

The company I work for is based in England and started an Irish branch especially to employ me, because I am an American with a visa that permits me to work in Ireland (I live in Ireland with my Irish-citizen husband) but not in the UK. It is not expensive or difficult. Mostly the procedure involves registering as an Irish business https://www.cro.ie/registration/foreign-company and arranging for payroll and expenses to be covered. Employees are hired with a contract under Irish law as usual, not under the laws of the foreign country. All or almost all of this can be handled relatively inexpensively through third-party companies that do this as their area of practice (Google "set up a branch in Ireland" and you'll get lots of hits from these companies).

Advertisement