Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wilt on Plum tree

Options
  • 06-06-2016 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭

Transplanted this tree from a pot a month ago and Im noticing a wilt now

Perhaps I watered it too much?
    Should I cut off the bad branch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

worded wrote: »
    Transplanted this tree from a pot a month ago and Im noticing a wilt now

Perhaps I watered it too much?
    Should I cut off the bad branch?

Is it possible you damaged that branch when moving it? Is there any silvering of the leaves that are wilting?
    To be on the safe side I would cut out the branch about half to three quarters of an inch from the trunk and check the wood inside the bark on both the branch and the stump for for a brown stain. Painting the wood with water can make it easier to see. If there is no brown stain on the stump of the branch then you're probably safe enough but if there is, then the whole tree will have to come out and be burnt, I would still burn the cut branch.
    That is the doomsday scenario, the wilt could be due to over or under watering when the plant was under stress or over feeding, possibly even a bit of root damage. The rest of the plant looks healthy enough so if there's no brown staining on the wood, it will recover but keep an eye on it as if it is silverleaf it can spread to other plants.

Advertisement