Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Smondie

An post deliver to addresses not people.

Can this be an angle?

Get the home owner/people living there to complain that post addressed to that address is being interfered with. . No need to say who's post is not arriving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Smondie wrote: »
    An post deliver to addresses not people.

Can this be an angle?

Get the home owner/people living there to complain that post addressed to that address is being interfered with. . No need to say who's post is not arriving.

No, they delivery to somebody at an address. Why would they knowingly deliver post to address where the recipient in not going to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Foggy Jew

The POA is signed & sealed, both by an Asian Attornry & Bob. It is accompanied by a copy of Bob's passport, bearing his signature. The letter of authorisation is signed by Bob - the signatures can be verified. An Post will not tell me what more is required.
    Re RossieMan's comment - of course there's more to this! Bob did a runner, leaving an unholy mess behind him. It is down to me, both as his spouse & business partner to try to sort it, as our home is in jeopardy, and I, as guarantor of many of his debts am being held to account. The problem is that as post is not being delivered, I am unsure of the extent of the mess.
    The central Redirections Unit of An Post have confirmed in writing that Bob never put a redirection in place, either at our local post office, any other post office or remotely from Aisa.

It's the bally ballyness of it that makes it all seem so bally bally.

Foggy Jew wrote: »
    The POA is signed & sealed, both by an Asian Attornry & Bob. It is accompanied by a copy of Bob's passport, bearing his signature. The letter of authorisation is signed by Bob - the signatures can be verified. An Post will not tell me what more is required.
    Re RossieMan's comment - of course there's more to this! Bob did a runner, leaving an unholy mess behind him. It is down to me, both as his spouse & business partner to try to sort it, as our home is in jeopardy, and I, as guarantor of many of his debts am being held to account. The problem is that as post is not being delivered, I am unsure of the extent of the mess.
    The central Redirections Unit of An Post have confirmed in writing that Bob never put a redirection in place, either at our local post office, any other post office or remotely from Aisa.

The POA is relevant to those trying to contact and deal with Bob. They need to send the material to you with your POA. An Post are not to blame. Contact banks etc with the POA asking for correspondence to be send C/O you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Smondie

No, they delivery to somebody at an address. Why would they knowingly deliver post to address where the recipient in not going to get it?

No they deliver to the address not the person. an post told me this themselves. It's probably in thier literature.

In that case my neighbour who doesn't like me can pass on the "local knowledge" that I no longer live here and an post just start returning my post ( even though this local knowledge e ould be incorrect)

• Advertisement

Smondie wrote: »

In that case my neighbour who doesn't like me can pass on the "local knowledge" that I no longer live here and an post just start returning my post ( even though this local knowledge e ould be incorrect)

Ah look, the difference is that you are still at the address while Bob clearly and admittedly is not. An Post knows that, Bob knows that and the OP knows that.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭bonyn

Op, get yourself to a solicitor who can register the power of attorney with the courts, and also commuicate with an post on his behalf. You've pissed someone off and from the tone of your posts I'm not surprised!

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/death/before_a_death/power_of_attorney.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭bonyn

Local knowledge is not evidence.

That's the sort of legalese mumbo jumbo I'd expect from an article 4 free inhabitant.

Correct. But in this case it is admitted that Bob is in fact long gone. It is not evidence but it is correct in this case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

The POA is relevant to those trying to contact and deal with Bob. They need to send the material to you with your POA. An Post are not to blame. Contact banks etc with the POA asking for correspondence to be send C/O you.

It sounds like foggy_jew doesn't necessarily know which banks/companies to contact as the bills aren't turning up. You can't expect him to call every company in the country asking if they had had any dealings with Bob.

OP, can you get the POA translated into English and certified? translatemycert.ie seem to do something along those lines.

Are you talking to the local sorting office/post office, or are you talking to An Post's central helpdesk?

Thoie wrote: »
    It sounds like foggy_jew doesn't necessarily know which banks/companies to contact as the bills aren't turning up. You can't expect him to call every company in the country asking if they had had any dealings with Bob.

OP, can you get the POA translated into English and certified? translatemycert.ie seem to do something along those lines.

Are you talking to the local sorting office/post office, or are you talking to An Post's central helpdesk?

Bob know rightly and can supply the details I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

bonyn wrote: »
    . You've pissed someone off and from the tone of your posts I'm not surprised!

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/death/before_a_death/power_of_attorney.html
    I posted my original and subsequent posts seeking advice on how to address a problem. That the tone of my posts offend you, Bonyn, is of no consequence to me whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

talk to the postie, its them who returns the mail,not someone in a office.. ask why

• Registered Users Posts: 6,245 ✭✭✭joeysoap

If post is addressed to Bob but he no longer resides there, I would think the system might be open to abuse ie Bob gets a speeding notice, few months later a summons and the resident goes to a Garda station and says he doesn't love there and no notice ever arrived for him. I know in this case that can't happen but I'm sure it has happened. Why not have the post addressed to c/o whoever resides there. I would imagine An Post would have to deliver mail addressed to Bob Smith c/o Jim Jones, any street, any town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Foggy(i'm not talking to myself:)) have you enquired with the local post-master/mistress about having all post for your address HELD at the post office and kept for collection by you?(although I fear the post would be sorted out by the same postman who has wrongly been redirecting the post back to sender).

joeysoap wrote: »
    If post is addressed to Bob but he no longer resides there, I would think the system might be open to abuse ie Bob gets a speeding notice, few months later a summons and the resident goes to a Garda station and says he doesn't love there and no notice ever arrived for him. I know in this case that can't happen but I'm sure it has happened. Why not have the post addressed to c/o whoever resides there. I would imagine An Post would have to deliver mail addressed to Bob Smith c/o Jim Jones, any street, any town.

I love the Freudian slip 'he doesn't LOVE there'!!! :-)
    Yes! That's exactly what I have been doing recently. However, there are still people trying to communicate with him, and I don't know who they are...... because...... their letters aren't getting delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭shay1604

Depends on the reason (gossip) I suppose. Your query is a bit vague.
    Foggy Jew wrote: »
    Can An Post cease delivering mail addressed to an individual off their own bat i.e. no instruction from the individual himself? Decision appears to have been taken by An Post based on 'local knowledge' (aka gossip)?

Can someone help me open a thread i find to navigate this site, it's about an post and undelivered post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

shay1604 wrote: »
    Can someone help me open a thread i find to navigate this site, it's about an post and undelivered post

You can open it in this forum.

From the top of the page on the navigation go to Topics > Business and Finance > Consumer > Consumer Issues.

From that page on the top left click the New Thread button.

• Advertisement
Advertisement