Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can You Fail Maths and do Arts?

Options
  • 06-06-2016 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Typically as the Leaving Cert starts in 2 days a little bit of panic has set in. I would like to do Arts (Economics and Politics and International Relations) in UCD. From their website and that of Qualifax and Careers Portal it appears that there is no qualification for maths? Is this correct? I am in grave danger of failing ordinary maths in LC so would I still get in if I did?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I beleive you need maths to do arts. And you're going to need ordinary level standard maths to successfully do some of the modules in economics. You might not need the higher level B that other courses require.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

You don't actually need maths to do arts, but as said above, you'd probably struggle a lot in economics if you're having that much difficulty with maths. In fact, the suggested grade is HC3/OB3, and that might even be pushing it a bit. But if you want to do it, the option should be there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 aoifem123

I'm in a similar position but I want to do English and History through Arts, if I fail can I still do it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

Just do foundation, I got in and ended up doing degree in economics.

Advertisement