Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland Court Decking

Options
  • 06-06-2016 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Has anyone sourced replacement decking for Charlesland Court. Have a few rotten planks that I need to replace but can't find the same dimension (135 x 32) decking planks.

Alternatively, if anyone is getting rid of their decking I'd take a plank or two for the job.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Is this for a house or an apartment.

If it's for an apartment maybe try getting into your management agency as it might be covered by them. Mention there's a possibly health and safety issue with the rotten planks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 macboomba

Cheers Matt but it's for a house. Definitely a healthy & safety issue but it's my own problem so just trying to fix the few rotten planks without replacing the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

macboomba wrote: »
    Cheers Matt but it's for a house. Definitely a healthy & safety issue but it's my own problem so just trying to fix the few rotten planks without replacing the whole thing.

Ok, you can buy planks in woodies.

There's also a few lads on done deal and there's a lumber yard on the way to aughrim that might have some.

You'll need to powerhose and stain the whole deck anyway

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Ok, you can buy planks in woodies.

If you don't mind being absolutely fleeced!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

Similar problem with our deck.

I don't know much about decking, but they seem to be cheaper in Brooks.
    I'd a look on their website but not sure if i'm comparing like with like.

Woodies are about 25.00 per plank, brooks are about 13.00, if of course i'm looking at the right products.

Someone else recommended Abwood, down the N11, but I haven't priced them.

Would you be interested in ordering together or something?

• Advertisement

Ellejay, I don't think the products on the Brooks website match what I have. They have composite decking which is a mix of wood and plastic. The wooden planks seem to be a different width to what I have also. I don't see any decking planks on Woodies website, just decking tiles.

Wooden Planks measuring 135 x 32 mm is what I need.

Thanks. I'll take a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Feasog Dearg

Have a look under the deck when you remove the planks, check for mould/fungus!

We had a serious problem where the deck sub-structure was half-buried in hardcore and also rotting. The fall of the original deck was also towards the house, causing pooling outside the back door....

Advertisement