Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling in west Cork

Options
  • 06-06-2016 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi There, lucky enough to have a few days off going to a place called Allihies in west Cork 😀 If anyone has any nice routes they might be kind enough to share I'd be grateful . Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

dave04 wrote: »
    Hi There, lucky enough to have a few days off going to a place called Allihies in west Cork 😀 If anyone has any nice routes they might be kind enough to share I'd be grateful . Thanks

Lucky you, it's out on the end of the Beara peninsula so not a lot of choice in which direction to go, just whether you go clockwise or anticlockwise. If I was going down my first route would be a loop around over the Healy pass

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭onmebike

I was in Castletownbere a few weeks back and it's amazing down there. I looped the whole peninsula and it was about 83km with plenty of hills. Amazing scenery though. If that was a bit long for you, you could cut the peninsula in half and go down to Castletownbere and either do the Healy Pass side or the southern, more coastal half. Or, of course, you could do both on different days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Head out on cable car to Dursey Island.

Try some of the minor roads around tip of peninsula if you want a day faffing about.

On your most energetic day, head up to the mast!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dave04

ford2600 wrote: »
    Head out on cable car to Dursey Island.

Try some of the minor roads around tip of peninsula if you want a day faffing about.

On your most energetic day, head up to the mast!!
    Wow !! Looking forward to that now!! Nothing puts a smile on my face like riding to a "mast" Thanks

onmebike wrote: »
    I was in Castletownbere a few weeks back and it's amazing down there. I looped the whole peninsula and it was about 83km with plenty of hills. Amazing scenery though. If that was a bit long for you, you could cut the peninsula in half and go down to Castletownbere and either do the Healy Pass side or the southern, more coastal half. Or, of course, you could do both on different days.

Thanks Sounds Amazing , gonna pack right now!!

• Advertisement

nilhg wrote: »
    Lucky you, it's out on the end of the Beara peninsula so not a lot of choice in which direction to go, just whether you go clockwise or anticlockwise. If I was going down my first route would be a loop around over the Healy pass

Thanks for the reply, wife won't see much of me !!

Advertisement