Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Names of Studied Poems and Stories

Options
  • 06-06-2016 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I was told that in the Junior Cert you get marks in the Studied Poems and Stories sections for having the author's name and the poem/stories name spelled correctly. So i was wondering if anybody knows what is the correct way to spell these pieces and author's names (or are they right)
    Calua (sean mac mathuna)
    dioltas an mada rua (sean dalaigh)
    an t-ózón (maire aine nic gearailt) and
    teilifis (gabriel rosenstock)
    thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 secureA

An t-ózón and its poet are correct. An Teilifís has a 'fada' on the i and the poet is correct. Im not sure about the other two, my class havent done them

• Registered Users Posts: 47 John_2187

It's 'Díoltas an Mhada Rua' (Seán Ó Dálaigh)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

The poet's name is spelt:

Máire Áine Nic Gearailt

Also the full name of the poem is "Teilifís (faoi m'iníon Saffron)" but you might get away with the abbreviated version since it's so common. I'd put in the full title to be safe, unless you can't remember it. It's worse to get the full name wrong than to omit it.

Advertisement