Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom D1000 Help

Options
  • 06-06-2016 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey guys I'm hoping you can help me with an Eircom D1000 router I have. Basically I've a spare D1000 router that I want to use for WiFi in a certain area. However this router uses a normal phone jack rj11 and where I want to use it only has Ethernet connection and RJ45 jacks. Can I use this router by connecting an Ethernet cable to the back of it? If not is there anyway around my issue. I appreciate any help I can get with this as I'll need it for tomorrow if possible.

Tl;dr: Want to use D1000 router only have an Ethernet rj45 connection. What do I do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Awaythrow wrote: »
    Hey guys I'm hoping you can help me with an Eircom D1000 router I have. Basically I've a spare D1000 router that I want to use for WiFi in a certain area. However this router uses a normal phone jack rj11 and where I want to use it only has Ethernet connection and RJ45 jacks. Can I use this router by connecting an Ethernet cable to the back of it? If not is there anyway around my issue. I appreciate any help I can get with this as I'll need it for tomorrow if possible.

Tl;dr: Want to use D1000 router only have an Ethernet rj45 connection. What do I do?

Yes, disable dhcp and connect by ethernet to your main modem and it should extend your network

Advertisement