Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSC10 Dropping cadence

Options
  • 06-06-2016 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭

I use a GSC10 with my garmin 310xt and all was working well for months but have started noticing my cadence isn't working right. It comes in and out as I cycle.

I noticed it first during the lap de gaps and then on several rides since. YOU can see in the images here the dropouts appear to be getting worse.

My speed sensor appears to work correctly and I checked the magnet lines up with the sensor alright. Some of the missing sections are going uphill so I was definitely pedaling.

http://imgur.com/a/mpg24

2BYTQc0.png
    lQ3oHfd.png
    k7w44G7.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Battery?

I was thinking that but with the speed working would that point to the battery?

When I test it by hand the green led for the speed sensor works but it's sporadic for the cadence

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I was thinking that but with the speed working would that point to the battery?

When I test it by hand the green led for the speed sensor works but it's sporadic for the cadence

I'm guessing if the battery goes the unit will pick up speed through gps. Worth a shot for a couple of euro anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

It's the battery. Mine done the same. I find that they don't like the cheap €1.49 for 8 batteries from Dealz as they seem to only last a few weeks. I use the Energizer batteries and they seem to last a lot longer (up to a year on the last one)
    I'm guessing if the battery goes the unit will pick up speed through gps. Worth a shot for a couple of euro anyway.

No it doesn't actually. You have to Go into settings and disable the sensor before it'll read from GPS.

I think I might have a couple in a drawer anyway so I'll give it a go and see.

• Advertisement

Changed the battery tonight and cant get it to pickup the cadence, speed is fine. Could the magnet be the issue? If I take the magnet from the wheel and pass it back and forth over the cadence side it should pick it up right? Then it would be the alignment or the distance or the strength of the crank mounted magnet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Changed the battery tonight and cant get it to pickup the cadence, speed is fine. Could the magnet be the issue? If I take the magnet from the wheel and pass it back and forth over the cadence side it should pick it up right? Then it would be the alignment or the distance or the strength of the crank mounted magnet?

These were always a bit hit and miss, as well as prone to failure, it might be worth investing in the new ones which are much better all round.

Advertisement