Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Draft Tournament

• 06-06-2016 6:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys, Thinking of doing a draft thread

Just wondering if there is an appetite for something like this?
    Possible structure:
    16 teams straight knock out
    11 player squads
    Player from the Euro's. Maybe 1 legends round or none euro player round.
    Picks reverse round to round.

Player ability to be judged weighted with following:
    good performances at previous euros
    indicators of tournament performance
    overall ability (possible exception for players without previous experience to have this more relevant)

Any other suggestions?

NOTE: I reserve call on who is in or out. Some people have tried to cause trouble in these before and need to be aware that I will remove someone from the competition if they don't play within the spirit of it.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Hey Guys, Thinking of doing a draft thread

Just wondering if there is an appetite for something like this?

:)

I'm in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Im in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Inski

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I'll play.

I would suggest being very strict on how long you get to make a pick though, the last one of these was dragged out interminably, I don't think it even finished in the end. And I liked the idea of subs but apart from them making the process longer I also found them being ignored when it came to the actual competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Sounds good
    In also

• Advertisement

btw sorry I didn't offer feedback etc and instead just started the run of I'm ins but gotta avoid missing out. Woot no.1 :)

I'd agree that a Euro Legends and Euro players from nations that didn't qualify rounds would be good but I'd have em as back to back reversed round so nobody gets screwed on the draw (well as little as possible). I would only have these special rounds too if you can have two of them so that again they can somehow even out and nobody is able to get as huge advantage. In a legends tournament it should be based on those players at their peak. You could argue that it should be at their time in a European championships but people will by default just think of them from their career peak. Everyone else I guess would be judged on current ability.

I don't think picking subs is neccesary but if others want it then sure.

There should be a limit time wise but once someone makes the limit, no moaning folks its all fun and people have lives. Thats also why i'd say the limit should be 24hrs. I know some would say its too long but with people having work etc and not always being online sometimes 12hrs is too short for some.

not sure if much more needs to be said but then again people always have issues on these kinda things mid way through and not before hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

btw sorry I didn't offer feedback etc and instead just started the run of I'm ins but gotta avoid missing out. Woot no.1 :)

I'd agree that a Euro Legends and Euro players from nations that didn't qualify rounds would be good but I'd have em as back to back reversed round so nobody gets screwed on the draw (well as little as possible). I would only have these special rounds too if you can have two of them so that again they can somehow even out and nobody is able to get as huge advantage. In a legends tournament it should be based on those players at their peak. You could argue that it should be at their time in a European championships but people will by default just think of them from their career peak. Everyone else I guess would be judged on current ability.

I don't think picking subs is neccesary but if others want it then sure.

not sure if much more needs to be said but then again people always have issues on these kinda things mid way through and not before hand

I was thinking of just putting one of them in and have it as round 6 and have that one specifically reversed compared to the first but if we put both in then it'd be fine.

I'll play.

I would suggest being very strict on how long you get to make a pick though, the last one of these was dragged out interminably, I don't think it even finished in the end. And I liked the idea of subs but apart from them making the process longer I also found them being ignored when it came to the actual competition.

Copied from a previous thread, amended, 11 players squads were intended

I was thinking of just putting one of them in and have it as round 6 and have that one specifically reversed compared to the first but if we put both in then it'd be fine.

either sounds good to me the main idea was just reversing special rounds so as to make it as fair as possible and rd1 is def special.

For the time limit, we'll keep it to 24 hrs. If you dont think you'll have time for a pick you can pm me your picks, in order if wanted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

In!

For the time limit, we'll keep it to 24 hrs. If you dont think you'll have time for a pick you can pm me your picks, in order if wanted.

tbh right now it looks like mostly people who have done a soccer forum draft previously and usually in that case these things run pretty smoothly. I've run the PW one a few times and yeah if speed is something people want pming others picks and pming the guy after you to say its their go when youve picked is the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

so how does the soccer one work ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Also in. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

I'm in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

YA i will be part of this if posable :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm wondering would there be enough quality available from Euro players of nations that didn't qualify, to even out with the Legends round?

I was thinking maybe as well as including Euro players from unqualfiied nations, we could also make available in that round the Copa America 2016 nations?

e.g....

- Euro Legends Round
    - Unqualified Euro teams, or Copa America 2016

Reversal order situation so if you're top 10 in one, then you are bottom 10 in the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

In.

I love these things but might it be better to take our time with it. We really don't want to finish the draft part of it until the Euro's are over I'd imagine?

so how does the soccer one work ?

Essentially the same as the PW one you would be used to where we take turns drafting eligible players (some rounds who is eligible will change like the mentioned Legends round for instance) for our team instead of wrestlers for our rosters. Once we have selected 11 each we will be drawn into match ups against another side and then a thread will be opened for each match up in which we lay our our formation / tactics and why we think our team would best our opponents before everyone votes on the winner.

At least thats how it worked before anyway, there could be some tweaks.

Surprised it is taking so long to get the 16 people usually this would fill up fast. If your in Brian I think we are at what, 12 now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

In :D

• Advertisement

Few more and we can get started guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

In like Ryan Flynn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Apologies, but on reflection I'm not sure I'll be able to keep in touch with this as much as I'd need to, have a few things coming up over the next few weeks. Better I say now rather than hold things up later so I'll step aside and let somebody else take part.

SO this isn't happening then?

Advertisement