Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 17

Options
  • 06-06-2016 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭

First reveal trailer is out for Fifa 17

Can only see it on console, but there's going to be a new engine, Frostbite, hopefully that will be a good thing

Nothing else of note in the trailer, full reveal is June 12th

Edit: They posted it on youtube

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Is that Jose doing the voice over? Does that mean managers are in the game now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Sure sounds like him

Hopefully they don't go announcing it as a new feature, it's a bit meh in terms of additions to the game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

It's going to look absolutely gorgeous on that Frostbite engine.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

It is him talking and there was a very quick clip of a manager on a touchline

It's a much better addition to the game than some of the gimmicks they've put in during recent years.

• Advertisement

It's a much better addition to the game than some of the gimmicks they've put in during recent years.

Managers?

All they can do is stand there really, they don't affect gameplay and barely improve the presentation, it's something I even thought was in the game

Much like women's teams, or pre season tournaments in career, you'll notice it first time and after that it'll blend in as being a standard feature

Yes managers. Should have been added years ago. It's all part of making the presentation better. It shouldn't be a key feature obviously but it's one I know plenty have wanted to see for years. Especially when they had them in the world cup game in 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 22,159 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

They had some managers in the 2010 Fifa World Cup game, cut scenes of them celebrating and such

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It was always easier with the World Cup games because they could be sure those managers would remain with their countries for the duration of the tournament, the main reason club managers were never implemented was rumoured to be licensing issues. Looks like they've found a way around it, it's a feature I've been dying to see in FIFA.

As long as they can properly capture Jurgen Klopp gurning his face off when Liverpool score in the game, I'll be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

They could at least add in a create a manager option for Career Mode.
    Would also love some more customisation, like being able to create your own kits, stadiums etc.

• Advertisement

Super Deluxe Pre-order Details

Any price on it? Probably €150 and naming rights to your first born I'd imagine.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Any price on it? Probably €150 and naming rights to your first born I'd imagine.

£71.99 for the Super Deluxe Editon

Couple of stills here from the trailer
    http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-17/34071-fifa-17-teaser-frame-by-frame

Shows the inside of Stamford Bridge and inside United's dressing room, so will probably get more detailed cutscenes before and after games.

Here's 2 in game stills of Martial and James

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Super Deluxe Pre-order Details

The fact that martial is one of the 4 fut players you can loan shows he will be highly rated in this fifa. When do we start speculating ratings? :)

Toobz wrote: »
    The fact that martial is one of the 4 fut players you can loan shows he will be highly rated in this fifa. When do we start speculating ratings? :)

He's around 80 at the minute so I can't imagine he'll be rated above 83 unless he has an incredible Euros. The ratings are updated weekly though so it doesn't matter too much about how they're rated on release day.

Toobz wrote: »

Looking like he'll be a cover star as well, along side Hazard, James & Reus

I'll be going for either 82/83, delighted that he'll have a real face this year too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

more like Fifa never changes...at least we'll have a new name for scripting called levolution..the handicapping in FUT16 has been the worst I've ever seen in a fifa game.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Coming up at €79.99 for me with the ea access discount also comes with a code for 1months ea access so not too bad with the price for deluxe digital games theses days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Delighted to be getting a new game engine as the ignite one was muck.
    And I see legends is still exclusive to xbox this year.

• Advertisement

And I see legends is still exclusive to xbox this year.

Where did ya see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Where did ya see that?

The deal EA Sports have with Microsoft runs until the next release of the game (end of 2017 afaik) so PS4 might see Legends for Fifa 18.

Balls to that anyway

Was really hoping this would be the year

Where did ya see that?

Futhead and a twitter user I am French had it up on up on their pages

keithc83 wrote: »
    The deal EA Sports have with Microsoft runs until the next release of the game (end of 2017 afaik) so PS4 might see Legends for Fifa 18.

Hopefully.but I wouldn't be athe all surprised if playstation still didn't get it. It's like the ea access thing. Didn't playstation say they didn't want it

Futhead and a twitter user I am French had it up on up on their pages

Feckin Xbone, for Fifa they have it so much better with Legends and the early access

Just hope all the focus isn't on FUT again this year, I know it's where they make their money but some people just aren't interested in it at all, and career mode is badly suffering, they do next to nothing to improve it each year. Better gameplay is the main thing obviously but a good career mode is just as important to me.

As much as I play ultimate team I would also love if they improved the pro clubs aspect a bit. Last year I pumped a lot of hours into it, same with this year but not as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Just hope all the focus isn't on FUT again this year, I know it's where they make their money but some people just aren't interested in it at all, and career mode is badly suffering, they do next to nothing to improve it each year. Better gameplay is the main thing obviously but a good career mode is just as important to me.

FUT is where they really make their money..suckers like myself think nothing of forking over 100-200 a year for packs.
    Unfortunately there's no real competition..PES 16 still sucked.

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    FUT is where they really make their money..suckers like myself think nothing of forking over 100-200 a year for packs.
    Unfortunately there's no real competition..PES 16 still sucked.

PES MyClub or just PES in general? Because PES is actually better gameplay wise I would say, FIFA does all the extra stuff better though. PES most definitely doesn't suck anyway.

I'd be interested in how different FIFA is this year based on the FrostBite engine because the gameplay had gone to muck these last few years. A shake up could really get me back interested but if it's the same gameplay as FIFA 16 and just looks better, then I'm not interested.

Advertisement