Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,657 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Changed the camera from the default one and enjoying the game a lot more. Could hardly see what was going on with the default camera.

What camera do you use? sometimes I do feel the default one is too far out

callaway92 wrote: »
    What camera do you use? sometimes I do feel the default one is too far out

Can't check at the moment but it was something like TV dynamic.

Honestly I'd recommend anyone to change from the default camera. Even passing felt quicker and better with the new camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Nailz wrote: »
    I didn't get mine delivered until Monday either. From what I could tell, most people on the PES thread got their's on Friday, and a small few got it on release day (Thursday).

I was disappointed but like you said I still saved a bundle getting it through TGC. They tend to have a good reputation for releasing pre-orders early or on time generally, I'd say PES was probably just an exception.

Yeah I'm not advising against getting it from the games collection. Unless of course the person really wants to play it on release day.If you have a Friday off work or something then maybe it's not the best idea otherwise the savings you make are good enough to wait a couple of days especially if you've other stuff to do and by the sounds of it I was just unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pittsburgh

Will it still be possible to buy US PS store card and get it two days early as it worked on previous years?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

Anyone know or have any recent experience if Gamestop.ie still deliver games early with express post?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Was thinking of doing a career mode this year with an Irish team like Saint Pat's and trying to win a European Cup with them. Just wondering has anyone tried it before and would it be possible to make them into a big team financially??

Also the fact of playing the same teams in the league and domestic cups could get s bit boring. We thinking maybe putting the team into an English league if I could build up the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Was thinking of doing a career mode this year with an Irish team like Saint Pat's and trying to win a European Cup with them. Just wondering has anyone tried it before and would it be possible to make them into a big team financially??

Also the fact of playing the same teams in the league and domestic cups could get s bit boring. We thinking maybe putting the team into an English league if I could build up the squad.
    You won't be able to do that in FIFA unfortunately, the game doesn't really allow that level of customisation.

If you really want to do that sort of thing then your best bet is to do it in PES. Just bring in an option file for your LOI team of choice and put them in the place of one of poorer Championship sides.

Edit: This post is wrong :pac: See SureYWouldntYa's post below :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Nailz wrote: »
    You won't be able to do that in FIFA unfortunately, the game doesn't really allow that level of customisation.

If you really want to do that sort of thing then your best bet is to do it in PES. Just bring in an option file for your LOI team of choice and put them in the place of one of poorer Championship sides.

Actually Nailz you can swap teams around into different leagues

If you look at this video you can see how you swap teams around into different leagues

Just press Y on Xbox, triangle on PS to swap a team out of a league when in the league you want and bring in Pats Stevo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Actually Nailz you can swap teams around into different leagues

If you look at this video you can see how you swap teams around into different leagues

Just press Y on Xbox, triangle on PS to swap a team out of a league when in the league you want and bring in Pats Stevo

Ah good stuff, I remember wanting to put Dundalk into the Championship last year myself and I couldn't cop it. I might do that when I pick up FIFA, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Just start off by signing free agents, most will be of a higher overall than Pats current squad. Then sell anyone you won't use. Could easily make a couple million the next season just by selling all the free agents you signed and then buy cheap young players with high potential out of the money you made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

So the journey is apparently
    one
    seasons long and takes around
    hours to complete.

My opinion:
    that's very disappointing, I was hoping you could actually build a career of some sorts. By the end of it, it'll still be your debut season. Obviously this is just what I've seen online so I don't have concrete proof and don't really fancy looking too much into it as I'd like to play the story fairly spoiler free.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,159 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I see they don't have the PL graphics this year

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Anyone else have to start their Journey all over again? I had competed tria etc and played 2 pre-season games, come back to it tonight and had to start it again, didn't appear to save!

• Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The Journey trial only lets you get as far as getting sent out on loan.

Anyone know if you can get transferred during the season? I hope you're not stuck at the same club for the entire thing.

• Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

one
    hours to complete.

My opinion:
    that's very disappointing, I was hoping you could actually build a career of some sorts. By the end of it, it'll still be your debut season. Obviously this is just what I've seen online so I don't have concrete proof and don't really fancy looking too much into it as I'd like to play the story fairly spoiler free.

That's pretty poor if true. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don't necessarily mind it if its a quality over quantity issue. I'd rather
    a short journey with a solid story than a massive journey where nothing really happens. Thats what career mode is for...

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

one
    hours to complete.

My opinion:
    Makes sense in some ways. If it's true, then next year they may have the next step of the journey, new players, coach, team kit, etc. Otherwise it's just a rehash of Career Mode. Journey Mode's a nice addition, but it's not what I buy FIFA for, so I don't mind the entire span being 16 hours or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Would guess they havent added the ability to play a unranked game against a random online opponent? Usually end up playing seasons but sometimes would like to chance to just play some unranked games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Would guess they havent added the ability to play a unranked game against a random online opponent? Usually end up playing seasons but sometimes would like to chance to just play some unranked games.

There was a unranked option before but not sure if it's still there, haven't played much of 16 online.

Still waiting on them to add back in online leagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Anyone on pc? Do we have to download the game again for the full game or will the trial unlock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭pittsburgh

Guys will it still be possible to buy the US PS store cards off the net and download it on us account on ps4 2 days early?

I did this for last 2 years, not sure if it can still be done?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

pittsburgh wrote: »
    Guys will it still be possible to buy the US PS store cards off the net and download it on us account on ps4 2 days early?

I did this for last 2 years, not sure if it can still be done?

Yeah. I usually buy the US Store credit off Amazon and it works

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

pittsburgh wrote: »
    Will it still be possible to buy US PS store card and get it two days early as it worked on previous years?

I did this last night. Bought 3 x $20 dollar psn cards from PC game supply website. Got the code almost instantly. Game is downloaded and ready to play with a little countdown timer on the game.

They used to have it. Stupid how they removed it.

I'm dying to have a proper online lounge made to keep track of loads of stats with my brother online. It's always a fierce rivalry lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I did this last night. Bought 3 x $20 dollar psn cards from PC game supply website. Got the code almost instantly. Game is downloaded and ready to play with a little countdown timer on the game.

Was going to buy the US ones for a change but I noticed they were charging me an activation fee for each one so I stuck with the Canadian account altogether. Already pre-loaded and waiting for Tuesday morning. :)

For those preordered with PM; when would you expect it to be dispatched? If by Tuesday would it be a good chance to have it by Friday? Mine being sent to Northern dispatch site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Hard to know really, depends on how quickly the game is dispatched from source. If it makes it to NI by Friday, you could have it Saturday.

madcabbage wrote:
    Hard to know really, depends on how quickly the game is dispatched from source. If it makes it to NI by Friday, you could have it Saturday.

Have it preordered myself with Parcel Motel. Have Friday booked off work. Starting to get a bit twitchy about it now that it won't be here on time. Might try and cancel.

For those preordered with PM; when would you expect it to be dispatched? If by Tuesday would it be a good chance to have it by Friday? Mine being sent to Northern dispatch site.
    martyos121 wrote: »

Was going to buy the US ones for a change but I noticed they were charging me an activation fee for each one so I stuck with the Canadian account altogether. Already pre-loaded and waiting for Tuesday morning. :)

Yeah what's that about? It ended up costing 59 instead of 54.

Still cheaper than buying it in shops afaik, 2 days early and fifa 15 had no sell on value when I tried to sell it on adverts.

Is it better to do it on a Canadian account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yeah what's that about? It ended up costing 59 instead of 54.

Still cheaper than buying it in shops afaik, 2 days early and fifa 15 had no sell on value when I tried to sell it on adverts.

Is it better to do it on a Canadian account?

No activation fees for Canadian PSN cards, works out a little bit cheaper because of that. Just bought two 50s and spent the other 20 on another game, €68 for doing it like that.

Advertisement