Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

martyos121 wrote: »
    MarkY91 wrote: »
    Yeah what's that about? It ended up costing 59 instead of 54.

Still cheaper than buying it in shops afaik, 2 days early and fifa 15 had no sell on value when I tried to sell it on adverts.

Is it better to do it on a Canadian account?

No activation fees for Canadian PSN cards, works out a little bit cheaper because of that. Just bought two 50s and spent the other 20 on another game, 68 for doing it like that.

Cheers for letting me know. It cost 5 something to activate my 3 x $20 psn cards

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Isn't it just as hour this year to just order from Amazon? Due to Brexit it cost approx €48.50 this year. I've ordered two and my mate and I are sharing PM costs so it'll be just over €50.

No doubt Game Stop will have it at €70 on release day

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Isn't it just as hour this year to just order from Amazon? Due to Brexit it cost approx €48.50 this year. I've ordered two and my mate and I are sharing PM costs so it'll be just over €50.

Amazon is alright if you're not bothered about having it on release day (maybe Dublin people get it on release day though, PM is quicker there). I personally find digital the best option for FIFA because you can get it cheaper and a few days earlier from a foreign PSN store, and I put massive hours into it so it's handy not to be switching discs out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

€75 id say the robbing b*stards!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Advertisement

It's £42 on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Have it preordered myself with Parcel Motel. Have Friday booked off work. Starting to get a bit twitchy about it now that it won't be here on time. Might try and cancel.

It takes two days in the post. There's no way in hell they would have posted it by now as it would arrive way ahead of street date, so there's no need to be twitchy. They'll ship it on Wednesday and unless you're in a remote location it'll be in PM on Thursday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

It takes two days in the post. There's no way in hell they would have posted it by now as it would arrive way ahead of street date, so there's no need to be twitchy. They'll ship it on Wednesday and unless you're in a remote location it'll be in PM on Thursday night.

I'm in Cork so hopefully will have it Thursday. You ordered from them as well? Looking forward to it now.

I'm in Cork so hopefully will have it Thursday. You ordered from them as well? Looking forward to it now.

Yeah many a time. Always gotten my game to me by release day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭DylanAFC

55 quid if you pre-order before tomorrow with Smyths.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I remember last year Spar were selling FIFA for €50 on launch day, anyone heard if they're doing something similar this year?

shrewdness wrote: »
    I remember last year Spar were selling FIFA for €50 on launch day, anyone heard if they're smoking something similar this year?

Are you thinking of Super Valu? I picked up mu copy on launch day last year for €50 (In fact, I think I got it for cheaper as there was some sort of pricing error).

They seem to do it every year. Bargain! But you gotta get there early!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 john1990

Hi I have a few questions about buying through the u store. I know how to set up a us account but can you then play the game on your old ea account? also do you haveto play for ps plus in us account to play online or can you use your original one?

john1990 wrote: »
    Hi I have a few questions about buying through the u store. I know how to set up a us account but can you then play the game on your old ea account? also do you haveto play for ps plus in us account to play online or can you use your original one?

Buy it on us psn store and never log back in again.

Only bad thing is that you can't buy fifa point for your fifa as you can only use them on your usa account.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,744 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

How do you create a US account? I've gone through all the steps but when I sign into the account it still says I'm in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Raekwondo

How do you create a US account? I've gone through all the steps but when I sign into the account it still says I'm in Ireland.

https://www.nowgamer.com/ps4-vs-xbox-one-game-dvr-review/

Should have anything you need there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Any midnight launches in Dublin does anyone know?

Any midnight launches in Dublin does anyone know?

Midnight launch in all Smyths stores.

If you pre order on the Smyths website for collection or delivery you can get E5 off so E55 (for xb1 ps4) use code FIFA5

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Are you thinking of Super Valu? I picked up mu copy on launch day last year for €50 (In fact, I think I got it for cheaper as there was some sort of pricing error).

They seem to do it every year. Bargain! But you gotta get there early!

Sorry yeah it was Supervalu. Must keep a look out for that again this year so!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I got an email on Sunday from Smyths NI saying my order was dispatched but the tracking link they attached is broken so not sure what the story is.

I'm hoping for it to show up in my PM now soon.

• Advertisement

Dispatched from TGC. Hopefully will have it tomorrow night so!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Been up since 5am playing it, gameplay is a bit more challenging than the demo so far, still not getting the hang of it but it feels much more realistic than any other FIFA game (except for the penalties, they're fun but look atrocious) and scoring goals feels much more satisfying, because so far they aren't too plentiful. Low driven shots is probably the best gameplay feature they've implemented in years.

Going to get stuck into career mode tonight and see if the new features are any good, as mediocre and unchanged as the mode is year after year, I still sink crazy hours into it. :o

• Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Been playing World Class career mode and it's pretty decent. Realistic scorelines at least. The career itself doesn't seem to different to when I last played it a few years ago. The menus are still slow and cumbersome.

I find attacking on World Class to be grand but find the defending difficult, the AI can ping the ball about a good bit and the new ball shielding can also make it difficult to get near them. Usually have to just keep at them and wait for them to make a mistake.

The keepers are pathetic. Probably worse than they've ever been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Dispatched from TGC. Hopefully will have it tomorrow night so!

Mine as well, Im based in Cork, hopefully will have it shortly. BTW does thegamecollection appear as Curveball leisure in Online Banking?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

awec wrote: »
    Been playing World Class career mode and it's pretty decent. Realistic scorelines at least. The career itself doesn't seem to different to when I last played it a few years ago. The menus are still slow and cumbersome.

I find attacking on World Class to be grand but find the defending difficult, the AI can ping the ball about a good bit and the new ball shielding can also make it difficult to get near them. Usually have to just keep at them and wait for them to make a mistake.

The keepers are pathetic. Probably worse than they've ever been.

If you're finding the keepers that bad, improve goalkeeper ability on the sliders

I always adjust the sliders to try for a more realistic game

Continuous STILL has his curly long hair in the game. He has a slick combover about 3 years now.

Little things like that annoy me lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

https://supervalu.ie/offers/fifa-2017

Supervalu will be selling Fifa 17 at stores above for €49.99

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

4real wrote: »
    https://supervalu.ie/offers/fifa-2017

Supervalu will be selling Fifa 17 at stores above for €49.99

Think I'm just going to buy, finish the journey, then trade it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Great I'll pick it up Thursday morning so if SuperValu are selling it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Great I'll pick it up Thursday morning so if SuperValu are selling it .
    Will likely be sold out by then, the offer only lasts until all of the initial stock is gone as far as I know.

Advertisement