Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Nailz wrote: »
    Will likely be sold out by then, the offer only lasts until all of the initial stock is gone as far as I know.

It's only out Thursday morning so I'd say he will have a good chance of getting it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

It won't be sold out Thursday morning unless they get a really small supply. I remember seeing plenty of stock last year later on in the day. It's important to remember that most people wouldn't think of supervalu when looking for a game as well.

Nailz wrote: »
    Will likely be sold out by then, the offer only lasts until all of the initial stock is gone as far as I know.

It only goes on sale Thursday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

My copy has just been dispatched by Amazon, will be interesting to see if it gets here by Friday with Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

Right lads, I'm clueless with online stuff.
    When I bought my Xbox one last year, I paid for a year of online gaming.
    Now it is up, do I renew in the shop or online?
    Thanks all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Right lads, I'm clueless with online stuff.
    When I bought my Xbox one last year, I paid for a year of online gaming.
    Now it is up, do I renew in the shop or online?
    Thanks all

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-360

Think CDKEYS is the cheapest at the minute. They will give you a code.

Heres a vid to input the code : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0KW9FG2-l8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Are all supervalu stores selling it does anyone if the one deansgrange is?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Are all supervalu selling it does anyone if the one inight deansgrange is?

https://supervalu.ie/offers/fifa-2017

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

http://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-360

Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Pretty sure I got charged £37 from Amazon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Manutd623

Anyone know any good deals on xbox one consoles at the moment?

I've had 4 games now this evening.

Skipped the demo for the first time ever and saw one video a few weeks back that I barely watched.

Avoided getting sucked into the hype, knew there was a new engine and nothing more than it looked better than 16 from the brief watch I had.

I hated 16.
    For me, the series dropped massively after 13 with 3 awful releases with the worst being 16.

Crossing is far better, now you can get back to punishing defenders blocking the run like the game should be played.
    Corners are also a threat again, they were pathetic last year.
    I've conceded 2 and scored 1.... in fact I conceded the first one I had.

Had one worrying goal against me in the first game where a simple ball from the centre circle went down a massive hole where my CBs were supposed to be(gap was huge) but haven't seen it since.

Erratic shooting like 16 is still there, can be a bit annoying to squander 3/4/5 gimme chances in a row while some scrub gets a cheap goal or two with 100% finishing.

Servers are terrible though, had massive lag kick in randomly in one game and it even affected how my goalie controlled(he ran down the box to the edge) which seems to point to new lag issues(not just slower play).
    I then got disconnected in the 90th minute of another game that I was winning 4-3 in.... pfft... kind of ended the game on a sour note... I'm on a wired stable connection that rarely.

The " let the ball beat you" is broken... I've tried it a few times now and the player no longer lets the ball through his legs but jumps out of the way.
    It's either broken or has no use bar letting a ball pass you by that you can't get after with pace.

Penalties need to be practiced.
    If anyone like me hasn't even seen a video of one and gets one you're in for a shock.... I managed to get it home but I had no idea what was starting to happen.

Tackling works a bit different now, it feels like your presses have an immediate impact and a quick snap at the ball.
    Feels far more responsive and not something that takes the player out of the play if you mistime it.

I like the concept of the Squad Builder as a means to getting rid of those bronze, silver and gold trash cards.
    I spent the first two hours not even playing the game but using the squad builder and tasks.

Overall it seems a fair bit better than 16.
    Just having decent crossing and corners makes the game infinitely more enjoyable than last year.

Agreed I thought 16 was bad too felt carbon copy of 15 which was a very good fifa. But this fifa feels only like a good not a great fifa the best in recent times was 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I had no choice, but to order on ps4 store for 69.99 as I won't be able to drive around to look for a physical copy in stores.

Started download last night, but it was only 10gb download, nowhere near 40gb as mentioned in the description and online reviews.

Does anybody know why? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

wonski wrote: »
    I had no choice, but to order on ps4 store for 69.99 as I won't be able to drive around to look for a physical copy in stores.

Started download last night, but it was only 10gb download, nowhere near 40gb as mentioned in the description and online reviews.

Starts off at 10. Does that with every game. If you press start on game symbol and go into information. You will the game size and how much is downloaded

wonski wrote: »

Nevermind, 42.71gb downloaded when I checked storage management.

Ready to play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

It only goes on sale Thursday morning.
    gotthebug wrote: »
    It's only out Thursday morning so I'd say he will have a good chance of getting it
    Whoops, my bad. A few friends of mine have it already so I was thinking it was out yesterday. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I pre-ordered Deluxe edition and the jersey from Gamestop and it was collected by the courier last night. Hopefully will have it today. I very rarely have got a game before release day before

If I buy the digital version will I have to download the whole game again even though I have the trial download?

If I buy the digital version will I have to download the whole game again even though I have the trial download?

I think so.

I deleted the demo anyway to save space on hdd.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,800 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The EA access trial or the demo?

The demo is tiny, you'll have to download the whole thing if that's what you mean.

The EA access trial is the full game, it'll probably have a day one patch but it'll be relatively small (a few gb at most I guess). You won't have to download 40gb again.

Yea haven't seen anything cheaper than cdkeys yet.

Cdkeys is 58, xbox with ea access is 62.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Greenman Gaming seens to have it for 49.99.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/fifa-17/

That's the standard one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

No email off parcel motel yet so I'll doubt I'll have it today, and if it only reaches Dublin tomorrow I could be waiting till Friday for it :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    No email off parcel motel yet so I'll doubt I'll have it today, and if it only reaches Dublin tomorrow I could be waiting till Friday for it :-(

I got mine shipped to Belfast address. Anyone with past experience, would you expect this to be in Cork via PM by tomorrow night (shipped by the gamecollection yesterday at 11am)

I rang up supervalu in blackrock and according to them they're not selling it even to it says they are on their website

ItsHoggie wrote: »

If it was delivered to parcel motel in Belfast this morning it'll be in your locker about 11/12 tonight.

You will probably get an email any time between 3pm and 7pm saying your parcel has arrived in Dublin. They don't seem to scan the parcels any more in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

awec wrote:
    You will probably get an email any time between 3pm and 7pm saying your parcel has arrived in Dublin. They don't seem to scan the parcels any more in Belfast.

awec wrote:
    If it was delivered to parcel motel in Belfast this morning it'll be in your locker about 11/12 tonight.

Ah cool so you wouldn't expect an email when it gets to PM in Belfast just confirmation when it's received in my locker in Cork?

I got mine shipped to Belfast address. Anyone with past experience, would you expect this to be in Cork via PM by tomorrow night (shipped by the gamecollection yesterday at 11am)

I did too, got the email yesterday off Game Collection at 11 also. Did you receive one from PM saying it arrived with them?.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »

I'm in Cork though so it'll have to go to Dublin first and then be brought down to Cork. Doubt it'll be here by tonight.

Advertisement