Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

Any one else having issues launching Fifa 17 on XBOX one ? Installed it, tried to run it, brings up the initial screen with the three dots, then screen goes blank for a few minutes, then back to the home XBOX home screen. No errors, nothing.

Looking on the Fifa forums on EA Sports, looks like a few people are having the same issues, but no ideas on how to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

mutley18 wrote:
    Me! What did you do?

Did ye find a fix to this lads

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

So people's thoughts on the actual game rather then the price??

Had a couple of games of Online Season last night and so far I'm really enjoying it. It's certainly much different to 16, which was almost a like for like version of 15.

So far, I'm liking the new corner system. The AI intelligence of my own players has been improved, when taking a free kick against someone I was playing, they stuck a man on the line, so my players flooded the area between the oppositions defence and the man on the line, meaning a cheeky dink ball did the trick. I've found players make better runs, meaning counter attacking is easier. Also, the crossing system has improved dramatically.

I'm keeping an eye on for possible negatives in scoring goals, I conceded and scored some very 'soft' goals in the games I played. I also noticed I got away with a few tackles which certainly would've been yellow, if not red in 16.

So far, so good and that's without starting Journey or Career modes yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Lads, I have a digital copy for Xbox One that I'm willing to sell if anyone needs it, it's up on adverts. Would let it go for €35.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭DJ90

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Lads, I have a digital copy for Xbox One that I'm willing to sell if anyone needs it, it's up on adverts. Would let it go for €35.

I would be interested. where are you based?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

DJ90 wrote: »

In Tipp. Can accept PayPal/Revolut and PM the code no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭hawkeyethenoo

my supervalu is sold out! :(

where would be the cheapest place online to get a ps4 code?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Manutd623

Hi, anyone have a reservation code for ps4 deal in argos they are not using, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

DJ90 wrote: »

Doesn't matter where he's based, it's a digital download.

Finding players very sluggish when trying to move them

• Advertisement

Finding it very frustrating at the moment. Seems that players randomly stop running in a direction when u have the left stick pressed in a direction and also the switch player button seems all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Just scored a cracker of a goal with Mertesacker in UT:)

How cool is that?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4vhfsx_fifa-17-20161001000457_videogames

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

God I'm hating this game at the moment , it's awful, players are sluggish as well every ball bounce favours opponents

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Blazer wrote: »
    God I'm hating this game at the moment , it's awful, players are sluggish as well every ball bounce favours opponents

haha Its the same every year yet for some reason I cant stop playing. My loss ratio is huge currently but it just takes getting used to.

Any suggestions for decent teams in seasons besides the usual 5 star teams. always love finding a good 4 Star team from a random league

• Registered Users Posts: 11,993 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Got both games this year and have given both a try.

Was desperate to love FIFA again but just couldn't. The ball feels like it has rocks in it it's so sluggish at times. Simple passing seems erratic and passes end up wild at times when you're making a simple 10 yard pass between two skilled players.

It's nearly impossible to dispossess teams on decent difficulty levels and feels like you have to wait for the CPU to lose it or kick it away. Slide tackling seems nerfed, think i had about 5 successful slide tackles for in about 10-15 games. I don't expect to be a defensive king but the constant wait for the other team to miss or boot it astray to get the ball back is a pain, and it happens with any level team, not just the Barcas.

The presentation is awesome, the matchday feel fantastic, music and commentary as usual is brilliant. Player models look slick too. It's never "looked" better and you definitely feel like you're in there.

The gameplay just sucks though. I played PES right after a FIFA marathon and infinitely enjoyed myself more. I said I'd keep it to at least play the journey but I'm not sure how bothered I am. There's more life in a game of PES and for all the incredible aesthetics of FIFA, when you get down to gameplay it's just a plodding 'meh'.

Very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I must be the only one here then who thinks defending isn't too hard ?

I mean, of course you have to wait for the opposition to either make a mistake or time it correctly, that's the whole idea behind it. It's not like it's new either, right ?

I would agree that it sometimes feels like passes don't always end up where they should, despite trying your hardest to make them get there. But it's clear that things will be patched, there are several other issues (like defenders almost always taking high balls on the chest instead of heading it away).

edit: For those struggling with defending, have a read here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/commen...sson_3_how_to/

Fantastic post about the basics of it and how to do it as effective as possible.

ah its beyond a joke...I can see a mile a way the guys players are charging into the box and I know he's going to cut across to his player..what do my gimps do? all three defenders swarm the player with the ball while I'm desperately trying to get one of them to switch back and cover the incoming players...result a goal.
    I won my first 2 divisions easily and now in div 7 or something...I signed Miranda 86 CB and Costa 84 LM and my rating shot up. Now I'm on a 5 match losing streak where I'm getting hammered at least 5-0 and my players can't defend, pass or even kick the ****ing ball ...

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I mean, of course you have to wait for the opposition to either make a mistake or time it correctly, that's the whole idea behind it. It's not like it's new either, right ?

I would agree that it sometimes feels like passes don't always end up where they should, despite trying your hardest to make them get there. But it's clear that things will be patched, there are several other issues (like defenders almost always taking high balls on the chest instead of heading it away).

I don't mind considered defending etc but it's actively easier to just wait for the CPU to miss than engage them which is the wrong way around. I understand the concept of defending but the "timing it correctly" seems nigh on impossible and even less skilled players have the ball magnetised to their feet.

I also don't think it's clear or likely about anything being patched either. They're more than likely finished working on the game and already on to 18.

I don't mind considered defending etc but it's actively easier to just wait for the CPU to miss than engage them which is the wrong way around. I understand the concept of defending but the "timing it correctly" seems nigh on impossible and even less skilled players have the ball magnetised to their feet.

I also don't think it's clear or likely about anything being patched either. They're more than likely finished working on the game and already on to 18.

You've played 16, right ? Try to remember how that was on launch and how it is now.

Of course they patch these games.

You've played 16, right ? Try to remember how that was on launch and how it is now.

Of course they patch these games.

Hoping they'll patch it and confirmation of them patching it are very different things.

That aside, I still the game is a step back gameplay-wise. Aesthetically incredible, but when you get on the pitch, PES is the clear winner this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Here if you don't think they'll patch it you obviously have never played. Last year they actually made gameplay worse after the patch. I think it's good this year, it could be abit sharper but all around its a real improvement. I like the way speed has been nerfed, it was badly needed and passing is now more essential to scoring goals.

Last year was the same, within 2 months speed was king again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Anyone play Pro Clubs? How does the trait system work exactly? Tackling is a fecking nightmare in this game, can't get near them!!

It's without a the worst fifa release in its history.
    I've never seen such blatant scripting in my life. It's pointless splashing out on expensive players at the moment as you're so heavily penalised from it. Better off to have a 78-80 rated team and using your coins for trading or saving money

What does that even mean, being penalised for splashing out on expensive players ?

What does that even mean, being penalised for splashing out on expensive players ?

It means that having a better team than your opponent means more decisions against you, whether the ball dropping, your pass completion, shots on target etc all go against you. I've spent money on better players e.g. 84+ rated and I start getting hammered in matches.
    I know ut has what ea called momentum and everything be else calls scripting but I've never seen it so unbalanced. Guaranteed a patch is coming which will tone it down

Oh yeah, that bollocks. True enough, I heard PES has it too. Really ****ty from the devs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I don't understand the meaning about UT, it's had the most changes in the last few years and it's still a ****e money storm for EA.

Its not about football with it, it's about how much time or money you'll spend to get a good team.

I wish they'd focus on improving caterer mode. Or a journey that last longer than a 17 year old teenage boy.

RossieMan wrote: »
    I don't understand the meaning about UT, it's had the most changes in the last few years and it's still a ****e money storm for EA.

Its not about football with it, it's about how much time or money you'll spend to get a good team.

I wish they'd focus on improving caterer mode. Or a journey that last longer than a 17 year old teenage boy.

Surely not ? :P

I've never spent a cent on Ultimate team, everything I've done was because of playing the game. And I enjoyed trying to build a good team.

If other people want to spend hundreds of euros on it that's their thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

RossieMan wrote: »

You've answered your own question there. Career mode fan here as well, play it religiously and I really wish they'd put some serious work into it but until they can find a way to make bank off it, it'll remain the way it is with one or two tiny new features in each year.

Advertisement