Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

martyos121 wrote: »
    You've answered your own question there. Career mode fan here as well, play it religiously and I really wish they'd put some serious work into it but until they can find a way to make bank off it, it'll remain the way it is with one or two tiny new features in each year.

Exactly , they could giv FIFA away free and still make massive profits from UT. That's all they care about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Blazer wrote: »
    Exactly , they could giv FIFA away free and still make massive profits from UT. That's all they care about.

Yeah, surprised they haven't done that tbh. Like maybe 6 months after the game came out when most people sold on there games, they could release FUT as a free download like PES done. But obviously it'll only remain supported until the new game comes out.

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Yeah, surprised they haven't done that tbh. Like maybe 6 months after the game came out when most people sold on there games, they could release FUT as a free download like PES done. But obviously it'll only remain supported until the new game comes out.

That's how it originally launched, a few months after FIFA 09 I think. It's worth too much now to exclude as how many ppl would buy the base game if they knew ut was coming out a few months down the road

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

That's how it originally launched, a few months after FIFA 09 I think. It's worth too much now to exclude as how many ppl would buy the base game if they knew ut was coming out a few months down the road

iirc it was charged as well? Or maybe I'm thinking of something else. But I remember I was going to download it as an add-on anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

iirc it was charged as well? Or maybe I'm thinking of something else. But I remember I was going to download it as an add-on anyways.

I thought so too it was a paid dlc at start until the realised how much money was to be made

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Im liking it, Im losing every game like 4/8 goals, but I blame my own skills and the fact my team is all loan players and James McCarthy. One thing I noticed is the price of players is so high compared to previous years.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I thought so too it was a paid dlc at start until the realised how much money was to be made

No it was a free add on and u cud buy Microsoft points to buy packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

No it was a free add on and u cud buy Microsoft points to buy packs.

No he's right, the first year they introduced it to the FIFA series, it was paid DLC.

The first game to ever feature the concept was actually Champions League 2006/07, only the Xbox 360 version though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

They actually had a beta for FIFA World, which was basically online only and FUT.

It was free apart from of course the coins. It was actually pretty good, but they probably found it would be more profitable to both have FUT and the money that earns + the full price of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

The best way I can describe this years fifa is stuck in the mud. It's fairly slow to play at times. Career needs to be enhanced big time. Online play can be so laggy and unresponsive as per usual really.

In all its okay, nothing amazing by any means at all though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Have only played a few games online but what is up with not showing replays of penalty decisions?? Really annoying.

Still trying to find a decent camera view and height..

Coming from a fifa 15 player this game seems a let down so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

The best way I can describe this years fifa is stuck in the mud. It's fairly slow to play at times. Career needs to be enhanced big time. Online play can be so laggy and unresponsive as per usual really.

In all its okay, nothing amazing by any means at all though.

I disagree I thought this year was a good improved on last year's excuse of a fifa. Fifa 16 was a heap of junk no real changes from fifa 15 apart the refs having vanishing spray.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I'm about 3/4 the way through the Journey mode season... Enjoyable addition to the game, but only 1 season seems stupid. Why not guide the player through an entire career?... I was looking forward to signing for other teams like Celtic or Barcelona. I think the mode has so much potential that is now wasted.
    Since I found out earlier it was only one season, I'm much less motivated to play it. Meh.

One thing is guaranteed though... Not a single euro will I put into FUT this year.... Last year I must have spent at least €300 and packed only muck. One Aguero I think was all that I could sell on for decent funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Is the Republic of Ireland jersey/badge in this, i cant search Internationals?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Is the Republic of Ireland jersey/badge in this, i cant search Internationals?

It is yea

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

One thing is guaranteed though... Not a single euro will I put into FUT this year.... Last year I must have spent at least €300 and packed only muck. One Aguero I think was all that I could sell on for decent funds.
    this is why Fifa don't care about improving career mode or the game in general that much. When u have people like yourself just throwing away money on FUT packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭eggy81

Absolute cluster**** of a football game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,959 ✭✭✭Liamalone

The pitch isn't green enough

MD1990 wrote: »
    this is why Fifa don't care about improving career mode or the game in general that much. When u have people like yourself just throwing away money on FUT packs.

Yeah I know what you mean... But I won't be the mug this year. There will be plenty others though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,360 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Howdy folks, after a 7 year break i finally took the plunge again and got FIFA 17.

Does anyone have any good tips for starting out?

Vicxas wrote: »

Does anyone have any good tips for starting out?

yeah.,,make sure your tv is far away so you can't hit it with your controller.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Do people change the sliders? The Operation Sports website has great sets for NBA 2K17 and for Madden. They have ones for FIFA 17 but have not tried them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Game feels sluggish. I have auto switch player turned off but still does it sometimes.
    Also when I click to switch myself it switches to players miles away from the ball.
    Bugs with goal keepers, it's like they spaz out sometimes when a weird shot is taken.
    I love fifa but this game is a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭eggy81

eggy81 wrote: »
    Absolute cluster**** of a football game.

Made this post after about 3 or 4 hours of playing journey mode and yes frustration levels were particularly high.
    I was attempting to play the same way as I played 16 once I got decent st it and to be fair it's a completely different game than 16. Seems to be very little room to use any individual skills and it much more about careful tactical build up play and using your first touch well. The ai is very quick to get the foot in with one loose touch. Found after about 6 or 7 hours playing and when my player had reached 70 that it started to become more clear the style with which to be successful.
    It's frustrating but at the same time I'm going to pump untold hours into it and with some tweaking in patches it'll most likely be top notch.
    Seems a bit like pes15 when I first played it.

I was giving out about the journey mode being only 1 season to a friend earlier... and he suggested they probably intend making it a yearly thing for each FIFA. A season of Alex Hunters career... seems plausible. But I hope not.
    It's the only reason I can fathom that they didn't just make it a career play through.
    I understand that they'd have needed a lot more cut scenes, but really? Am I the only one here who thinks they short changed us on this aspect alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

I was giving out about the journey mode being only 1 season to a friend earlier... and he suggested they probably intend making it a yearly thing for each FIFA. A season of Alex Hunters career... seems plausible. But I hope not.
    It's the only reason I can fathom that they didn't just make it a career play through.
    I understand that they'd have needed a lot more cut scenes, but really? Am I the only one here who thinks they short changed us on this aspect alone?

Each to own I say. Honestly I was glad to have it finished.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

Anyone have a pro club I could join?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

Rainman16 wrote: »
    Anyone have a pro club I could join?

Boardsie name of club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Any clubs on PC?

Advertisement