Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Each to own I say. Honestly I was glad to have it finished.

Same, only played as far as just finished the pre season tour but I'm loving it, it's a breath of fresh air from FIFA.

Also think I read somewhere or seen someone post somewhere that the next season could be DLC later on in the year, wouldn't surprise me with EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

I was giving out about the journey mode being only 1 season to a friend earlier... and he suggested they probably intend making it a yearly thing for each FIFA. A season of Alex Hunters career... seems plausible. But I hope not.
    It's the only reason I can fathom that they didn't just make it a career play through.
    I understand that they'd have needed a lot more cut scenes, but really? Am I the only one here who thinks they short changed us on this aspect alone?

I certainly don't feel short-changed by The Journey mode, I just see it as another layer to FIFA, something I can drop in and out of playing when it suits me. I tend to play Online Seasons and Managerial Career mode mostly, so having The Journey mode is a nice addition, IMO.

I'm probably a quarter of the way through The Journey and only really starting to enjoy it now. Initially, I found it very stop/start with just getting 15-30 mins per game, lots of cut scenes, also I was only playing as Hunter, so there was a lot of standing around or chasing other players to get a pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Also think I read somewhere or seen someone post somewhere that the next season could be DLC later on in the year, wouldn't surprise me with EA.

Yea that's what I suspected after I finished it. Seems the most sensible bringing out new DLC after the New Year or something.

I wouldn't mind forking out cash for it if they want to expand Alex's story even if The Journey was shorter than I thought it would be. Still have career mode which I haven't started yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭CS Hasuki

Played a bit of FUT and pro clubs so far. Not sure if I like the game or not yet. Running into all star teams in division 9 isn't much fun.

Strikers seem to take an forever to take a shot, you really have to have a good bit of space to get a shot in, then 9/10 times that shot will get blocked.

A bug I came across also, scoring a goal has resulted in me getting a corner more than once.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Yea that's what I suspected after I finished it. Seems the most sensible bringing out new DLC after the New Year or something.

I wouldn't mind forking out cash for it if they want to expand Alex's story even if The Journey was shorter than I thought it would be. Still have career mode which I haven't started yet.

I don't really think it's short, it's supposed to take around 15 hours to finish which I think is long enough, short to me would be anything less than 10 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Any one else having issues with player movement? i.e. I'm finding defenders especially when moving after a striker may deviate from the direction I'm holding the left stick in or even pause for a second?

It's making the game almost unplayable for me as I'm shipping goals from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Morris Moss

I'm after getting 4 penalties in d space of 5 mins in career mode, anybody else have this happen?

Few small things annoying me.

Why can't I short pass it from a kick out to the wing back?
    I swing the camera the whole way and move the stick and it still goes down the middle.

The power takes WAY too long for through balls, lost count of the amount of times I had a lovely pass and it took two seconds to get off.... thats not a new problem either.

Wing backs and DMs still run forward regardless of your in game tactics or player instructions.... regardless of being a new engine, this is the same as previous years.

Pace is still king in some areas.
    Lads can just sprint by you down the wings if your wing backs are slow.
    Though this is more a FUT complaint where you get pace whores.
    Had such a problem with the last opponent with his pace team against my Bastian, McCarthy, Mata, Terry, Phil Jag' central lineup.

You won't get away playing FUT with slow players if you're playing someone with a sweaty pace team, takes no skill as they just use the sprint and run around at angles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

I've won Division 1 in each of the last four FIFAs and I can honestly say that this game is complete trash. The goalkeeper mechanics are so terrible that's it's not even funny, the through ball is still incredibly inaccurate, I hate the new corners, penalties and free kicks. The Journey was an enjoyable addition but even that's stale at times. Overall I'm very disappointed.

Fortunately, it's my Final Year so I might actually do some work now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Few small things annoying me.

Why can't I short pass it from a kick out to the wing back?
    I swing the camera the whole way and move the stick and it still goes down the middle.

The power takes WAY too long for through balls, lost count of the amount of times I had a lovely pass and it took two seconds to get off.... thats not a new problem either.

Wing backs and DMs still run forward regardless of your in game tactics or player instructions.... regardless of being a new engine, this is the same as previous years.

Pace is still king in some areas.
    Lads can just sprint by you down the wings if your wing backs are slow.
    Though this is more a FUT complaint where you get pace whores.
    Had such a problem with the last opponent with his pace team against my Bastian, McCarthy, Mata, Terry, Phil Jag' central lineup.

You won't get away playing FUT with slow players if you're playing someone with a sweaty pace team, takes no skill as they just use the sprint and run around at angles.

That seems pretty realistic to be fair, it doesn't come much slower than that. Don't see how you can complain about faster players being running past slower players....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

stephenl15 wrote: »
    That seems pretty realistic to be fair, it doesn't come much slower than that. Don't see how you can complain about faster players being running past slower players....

I agree I don't see how you can complain about wingers running down the wing at pace seen as that's what they are all about.

It's something I love about this game this year is the wingers actually feel like proper wIngers. Kingsley coman is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,193 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

It's the same sh*t every year! Lads play Fifa for the whole 12 months and hen when the new game comes out they give out that there are differences meaning their old style doesn't make them immediately amazing at the game.

If every single small piece of play doesn't come off right away, they moan about the speed and the power and the control and the everything!

I really like the game.

The Journey is a sensational addition in my opinion. Much better than I was expecting. I haven't quite completed it but I would like if it was longer than a season. But considering it's not the main game, it's just an addition to the main game, it's good value!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Couldn't have put it better myself MrStuffins. I'm absolutely loving this FIFA because it rewards my style of play more than any other (short quick passing) but I was nearly afraid to say it because of the "they changed things I liked and now it's a terrible game" crowd. It's so, so nice to have a FIFA game where pace isn't the be-all end-all, they had that last year for a couple of months until they ruined it with a patch by overpowering pace again, hope they stick by their guns this year and make people adapt.

I've only lost two games online so far and both were to players who played smarter and had their tactics right, not one single loss to someone playing it like a game of FIFA 16.

I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts and pray that EA don't ruin this brilliant football sim (and that's the first year I've felt it was worthy of being called that) but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Exactly.

I played almost exclusively online last year, but at the tail end I decided to start a career mode on Legendary.

It was incredibly tough and the AI style was completely different to the styles I was encountering online. I loved the process of getting to grips with it. I had to play a much more patient, passing and physical game than before. You know, like real football!

I find that the changes this year fit into that style of play.

I've been playing The Journey on World Class as Alex turner (and not as the team). It's very very tough!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I also like The Journey, I just wish it was more expansive. And it is perfectly possible since it's just a career game with a story around it. It's equally scripted, perhaps even more so in that no matter what you do you end up going on loan.

1 season is a bit of a joke.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I also like The Journey, I just wish it was more expansive. And it is perfectly possible since it's just a career game with a story around it. It's equally scripted, perhaps even more so in that no matter what you do you end up going on loan.

1 season is a bit of a joke.

But is it?

it's not as if it's the whole game. It's an extra mode.

If it was a standalone game i'd agree. But since it's a mode I have no qualms with it being just one season.

What i'd love to see if an episodic journey mode. Get an update every week and play whatever fixture (s) your club has that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Bought it in the end. I've only really been playing the journey and a small few games of seasons. Haven't touched UT.

I genuinely think it's the best fifa in years. Much better than 16 but that's a view point mainly from playing offline in the journey. Might actually give career mode a go after. The A.I actually seems OK for once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Any one else having issues with player movement? i.e. I'm finding defenders especially when moving after a striker may deviate from the direction I'm holding the left stick in or even pause for a second?

It's making the game almost unplayable for me as I'm shipping goals from it.

Thankfully appears this was an issue with my dualshock. Bought a new one and the issue has gone. Really was making the game unplayable and was getting hammered because defenders would just stop. Hasn't affected any other game which is why thought it may have been a fifa issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I don't like how they changed the LT/L2 button as I used that exclusively to beat the people who just hold A by dribbling by them with it when they got close. I hated it the first few games but have adapted somewhat now. Really wish they'd take fully auto passing out of online though.

Tackling is still OP in some areas and players make boneheaded movements in defence but I think positioning players and predicting passing works a bit better this year which was needed. Sometimes people will play the pass to someone who I'm marking off the ball and it infuriatingly gets through but it's less of a common occurence than before.

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

CS Hasuki wrote: »
    Played a bit of FUT and pro clubs so far. Not sure if I like the game or not yet. Running into all star teams in division 9 isn't much fun.

Strikers seem to take an forever to take a shot, you really have to have a good bit of space to get a shot in, then 9/10 times that shot will get blocked.

A bug I came across also, scoring a goal has resulted in me getting a corner more than once.

FUT is always like this, it's why I stopped bothering. Too many people investing a lot of real money to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

So I put my annoyances about Journey mode aside (1 season is still a joke) and had a few online season games... it's takin a bit of getting used to, but I think I'm actually liking the flow better than 16 now. I've never been an awesome FIFA player. 50/50 seems to be a fairly accurate ratio going by previous years and Div.3 at best but more likely to be found in Div.4. If my form is similar or improves this year I'll be happy enough.

stephenl15 wrote: »

I'm sorry but as someone who plays wing back, if I know someone whos 15 yards away from me is going to run in a straight line down the wing I'd be able to get in line and make myself useful, I don't need blistering pace to cover ground in those situations.
    I'm not talking about anyone using any sort of skill or feints, just a straight sprint.

My biggest gripe with the pace is that age old problem where my wing backs will not stay in position and just needlessly push up the pitch.... which leaves your slower CBs having to come out of position when I didn't even want my wing backs attacking.
    There's no reason why the player instructions shouldn't work after three years, they're completely useless tbh.

Pace is obviously important but I doubt in real life people can just run in an angle around professional players never mind amateurs.

You shouldnt be able to compete with someone by purely using 90+ pace players and just sprinting away and around everyone.

He didn't beat me fwiw but he was over competitive due to it.

The best teams pass the ball, they don't pick 11 Usain Bolts and just run around people as it's not that easy.
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    It's the same sh*t every year! Lads play Fifa for the whole 12 months and hen when the new game comes out they give out that there are differences meaning their old style doesn't make them immediately amazing at the game.

When did I say my old style didn't work anymore?.

I'm 20-3-6 in FUT so I don't think I'm suffering from anything tbh.

I said "A FEW SMALL THINGS" as I'm liking the game overall, but that doesn't mean it's flawless.
    It's a discussion thread, good and bad.
    I also said it was a FUT only problem.

There is no reason you shouldn't be able to pass the ball to the wide wing back from a kick out... that's just lazy on EAs part.

The same from kick outs, regardless of pressing short pass or not, the players never head the ball and take it down... maybe short header no longer works but like the kick out it seems like an oversight to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Surely someone else is looking to do pro clubs on pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Anybody pack any decent players yet. The best I have got in a pack is an 84 rated Xhaka...Disastrous pack openings for me so far!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Im not disagreeing with you, but trading isnt that difficult. Its how I always build my teams. Then again I never build the Messi/Ronaldo teams so maybe your right.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Got Zlatan in my first ever pack on Tuesday :cool:

I think they need to patch the speed of the power bar for the passes.
    Whatever about shots, it takes far too long to power up for a ground pass.

There's a significant difference between the time needed to stroke a pass and a shot, so the power bar shouldn't move at the same pace.
    Most passes need to be got off quickly... not sure why they slowed that down.

Has anyone else noticed the problem with kick outs/forward long balls and A/X headers?.
    It literally won't header any time for me, he chests it and passes it when it falls.
    My controller obviously works fine and I can short header from other angles but from a ball coming towards a player facing his own goal it doesn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

RossieMan wrote: »
    Surely someone else is looking to do pro clubs on pc?

Very few play on pc by looks of it. I am but I don't play pro clubs at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Yea it's really a tiny amount.

I've been destroying seasons at the moment, 12 unbeaten against awful opponents. But 1 of those games the guy quit and ingot the loss so 11-1 is my record.

Bossing around with Ireland, of all teams.

• Advertisement

Are you supposed to be able to see the arrow on penalties?

If so I got robbed the first time(hit the post twice)as I had no aid but I did in the second shoot out.

Not that I was missing wildly in either as I did the skill games but I wouldn't have lost 2 from 2 in the previous shoot outs.
    Making me feel like I should avoid cups now.

Advertisement