Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Hold the power down for a little longer and it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

What formation are people liking in ultimate team?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

What formation are people liking in ultimate team?

I tried a simple 4-5-1 but seems I have some more luck with a 4-3-3 (4).

I gave instructions to my LB and RB + 2 of my 3 CB to stay back while attacking, and my central CM free roam.

I haven't won yet (then again, I suck) but I did notice it plays very easy, so will keep at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Jelle1880 wrote: »

I gave instructions to my LB and RB + 2 of my 3 CB to stay back while attacking, and my central CM free roam.

I haven't won yet (then again, I suck) but I did notice it plays very easy, so will keep at it.

Can specific instructions like that be given to defenders on ordinary season mode?

Those instructions never work.
    The wing backs always bomb forward regardless.

Another note to make is that (on XB1 at least)you'll find the instructions don't set properly if you check mid game.
    Though even setting them again makes little difference.

• Advertisement

Can specific instructions like that be given to defenders on ordinary season mode?

Not sure, only tried FUT but I assume so.

I'm ****ing sick of playing online in Division 10 against players who are far better. After the release I read everywhere 'Just wait a week or two and they'll all be promoted so you're up against players of your own level' but **** that. It's simply not true and you got guys in there who are just taking the piss.

Division 10 is piss. All the way to 5 is very easy. Not to sound d harsh, if you can't beat them anyone in division 10, maybe online isn't for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'm ****ing sick of playing online in Division 10 against players who are far better. After the release I read everywhere 'Just wait a week or two and they'll all be promoted so you're up against players of your own level' but **** that. It's simply not true and you got guys in there who are just taking the piss.

You can play players from divisons 10-7 when in division 10, lots of good players haven't got that far yet so if you've been a lot better in previous years then I'd chalk it down to that

RossieMan wrote: »
    Division 10 is piss. All the way to 5 is very easy. Not to sound d harsh, if you can't beat them anyone in division 10, maybe online isn't for you.

Bollocks :p , sometimes there's players in there that have absolutely no business playing in that division, with far superior teams and who know every little thing about the game.

Didn't know that you could also play players from Div 7, that might explain it. Horrible idea though.

• Advertisement

It's worse when you're in division 3 and end up playing someone fighting for the title in division 1.

I've played the same person 4 times over the past 3 days in division 1. There isn't enough in it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Does anyone find the defending much easier this year? I usually found world class to be a decent challenge for my ability but this is ridiculous - took over Everton for Manager Mode, only outfield change is Allan (from Napoli) for McCarthy and Donorumma in goal, played 13 conceded 4 (four) - took a while to get the hang of scoring so I've got 8 wins and 5 draws, seems strange?

Also, random occurrence - just played away to Southampton and they had Jay Rodriguez in goal from the start - very odd

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

Im the same, finding the defending too easy in career mode. I started with Bournemouth on Legendary and im 4th in the league with 24 games played. I haven't suffered a heavy defeat as of yet, where as I have beaten city & utd both 4-0. I might adjust the sliders and see if it makes it more competitive. And im not bragging here saying that im great at the game! On UT & seasons id be Div 2/3 at best

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

There's an update coming soon which includes the new Premier League graphics. About time too I don't like the generic black ones.

http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/191937/fifa-17-title-update-1#latest

vxur6xoyvbe8.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭eggy81

God almighty some of the touches and animations especially defending crosses are retarded. The amount of comedy goals in giving away on career mode is killing enjoyment for me. Why won't they head or volley the ball away but just kill it for the i rushing striker to bury it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

They need to fix the invisible teams on line. Nothing worst when you can't see your opponent and they don't accept a mutual quit

eggy81 wrote: »
    God almighty some of the touches and animations especially defending crosses are retarded. The amount of comedy goals in giving away on career mode is killing enjoyment for me. Why won't they head or volley the ball away but just kill it for the i rushing striker to bury it.

This is a known problem... I was the only persob saying it on the other thread that I was sure it was controller related.

You have to teach yourself to double/triple tap which will be hard to get out of once it's patched(was in the notes someone posted yesterday).

That's fixed on PC now, consoles should get the patch too this week I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That's fixed on PC now, consoles should get the patch too this week I think.

Yeh played a few games on pc last night few little changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Where would be the cheapest brick and mortar shop to get this atm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭gotthebug

Just started up fifa and there is a 873mb update so might solve a few of the problems people were having

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Can you permanently turn off that help thing that pops up when you hit R3? Also can you turn off auto switching of players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Can you permanently turn off that help thing that pops up when you hit R3? Also can you turn off auto switching of players?

Yep both are in settings... i think both are in gameplay settings

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

So I was playing career mode earlier when the pitch just lost its colour for no reason :pac:

Not sure if this has been mentioned but a friend of mine introduced me to a glitch in manager career mode - take an existing player and offer a new contract at 891,290 p/w, if he accepts his weekly wage will actually drop to 1 pound/euro and the difference will be put back into your weekly wage budget, so a player on 100,000 will drop to one pound and you will have an extra 99,999 in your wage budget - you can then convert the wages into funds and go mental

Note: this doesn't work for signing new players, only extensions for current players

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Team tactics in the Journey drive me nuts. It's so dumb.

1 nil down in FA cup final from half time and the manager keeps 10 men behind the ball until 5 mins to go. The amount of times I got possession and my centre forward was in the middle of my own half was incredible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

awec wrote: »

1 nil down in FA cup final from half time and the manager keeps 10 men behind the ball until 5 mins to go. The amount of times I got possession and my centre forward was in the middle of my own half was incredible.

I really dont love TJ at all, why do sports games try and force us to be young black kids. Its an achievement for a white boy to make it in sports aswell. Someone needs to tell NBA and Fifa this

awec wrote: »

Or when a ****e 58 rated RB is used instead of a 78 rated RB - really twists my nipple nuts

• Advertisement

Kal El wrote: »
    I really dont love TJ at all, why do sports games try and force us to be young black kids. Its an achievement for a white boy to make it in sports aswell. Someone needs to tell NBA and Fifa this

In NBA 2k17 you can make your own player in their career mode of all races.

It's also fleshed out a lot better, with sponsorship deals, more training,...

Advertisement