Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 17

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Yes managers. Should have been added years ago. It's all part of making the presentation better. It shouldn't be a key feature obviously but it's one I know plenty have wanted to see for years. Especially when they had them in the world cup game in 2010

I'd prefer there to be less pointless cutscenes that we have to constantly skip rather than more. The managers in the WC game were really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Blazer wrote: »
    FUT is where they really make their money..suckers like myself think nothing of forking over 100-200 a year for packs.
    Unfortunately there's no real competition..PES 16 still sucked.

I'm not going to lie, last year before that big update came in, I gave coin-buying a try and the value you got from that was astoundingly better, made FUT somewhat enjoyable for me for a time but I still got tired of it because at its core, I still don't like the idea of it. Of course that's gone now (which is obviously for the better in terms of fairness) but it was nice to be able to take money out of their pockets for a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

martyos121 wrote: »
    I'm not going to lie, last year before that big update came in, I gave coin-buying a try and the value you got from that was astoundingly better, made FUT somewhat enjoyable for me for a time but I still got tired of it because at its core, I still don't like the idea of it. Of course that's gone now (which is obviously for the better in terms of fairness) but it was nice to be able to take money out of their pockets for a time.

I did too for a while...why blow €200 on packs and get sodall when you could buy about 10-20million in coins.
    Of course EA put a stop to that...and still gave out crap in packs..its been estimated that you had odds of 1 in 5 million of getting Messia/Ronaldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I did too for a while...why blow €200 on packs and get sodall when you could buy about 10-20million in coins.
    Of course EA put a stop to that...and still gave out crap in packs..its been estimated that you had odds of 1 in 5 million of getting Messia/Ronaldo.

I'm a 1 in 5 million guy then :D

Packs do seem crapper in general in FUT 16 though, more gold players in this one that in others so much less odds

Videos like the first few minutes of this would scare me off going near packs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

it is even a legit video? His fifa coins never dropped and his normal coins never increased plus his record is 1000-0-0.

• Advertisement

it is even a legit video? His fifa coins never dropped and his normal coins never increased plus his record is 1000-0-0.

just a screen placement, lots of youtubers block that to lessen the chance of being hacked

as well as being able to use other people's pack openings and claim them as their own

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Apparently there's a story mode, where you control Alex Hunter and make your way through his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

J. Marston wrote: »
    Apparently there's a story mode, where you control Alex Hunter and make your way through his career.

Who is Alex hunter

Your right anyways. Just saw the full trailer for it. On the phone so can't link it properly. Don't know what to make it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Story Mode coming to 17

"Powered by Frostbite, The Journey is a new mode in FIFA 17. Make your mark on and off the pitch as the Premier League's next rising star, Alex Hunter. Play at any Premier League club, for authentic managers, and alongside some of the best players on the planet. Start your Journey"

Was hoping for a story mode based on your own created player, but it does look interesting. About time FIFA got something like this.

Also shows Jose Mourinho in game on the sideline, don't know if this is just for the story or if managers will be in all games modes.

Well it's something new at least. Was worried for a minute it'd be restricted to just Man United based on that trailer but thankfully you can pick any PL club, might be fun to do it with a small team like Bournemouth.

• Advertisement

Also includes interactive press conferences, hopefully they'll bring them into Career Mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I think that new mode looks brilliant. Something different to what we've seen before. Depends on how long it is and how in depth it is though

Gimmicks. :(

I think that new mode looks brilliant. Something different to what we've seen before. Depends on how long it is and how in depth it is though

Was thinking the same myself, if it's only Prem teams I doubt you'll be able to transfer to other teams. And I doubt it'll be a 15 season long mode like Career as well.
    Either way I'm delighted with this mode, hopefully EA continue it and improve on it every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Meh, limited to one league and one nationality. Not much interest in that, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

So I'd have to play as a Manchester United player? Unless I can run around crippling my own team, I've less than zero interest in that.

It's a fun little addition I think, something new

Hopefully your career can go a few different ways, and the whole story with you isn't a set one, and you might get a few different plays of it

So I'd have to play as a Manchester United player? Unless I can run around crippling my own team, I've less than zero interest in that.

No, any PL team.

It's a fun little addition I think, something new

Hopefully your career can go a few different ways, and the whole story with you isn't a set one, and you might get a few different plays of it

I'd love it if they implemented some of the features from The Journey into Career Mode like the press conferences and cinematics but it's EA so..

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I'd love it if they implemented some of the features from The Journey into Career Mode like the press conferences and cinematics but it's EA so..

Wouldn't think so, regular career mode will probably see even less updates than usual with the putting a lot of resources into the journey

I'd say even FUT will see minimal updates, their team will have spent a lot of time on something like this that they can't continuously monetize like FUT so other areas will be neglected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/426963/La+Liga+signs+exclusive+deal+with+FIFA+17/

Seems La Liga is exclusive to FIFA 17, bad news tbh

Wouldn't think so, regular career mode will probably see even less updates than usual with the putting a lot of resources into the journey

I'd say even FUT will see minimal updates, their team will have spent a lot of time on something like this that they can't continuously monetize like FUT so other areas will be neglected

I know like I said its EA we all know the way they are, sure even for them to put something like The Journey into Fifa is huge! But they do put little updates/improvements into Career Mode each year and if they already have the cutscenes and press conferences for The Journey I don't think it would take much for them to include them into Career Mode even in a more lightly way, but here's hoping sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

You might as well come and join the most famous club on Planet Earth. Don't fight it, embrace it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Clear Hearts

I got excited for NBA 2K16 story and well it was horrible, hopefully its not like it

I would prefer they fixed the gameplay than add loads of cutscenes and a storyline. Don't give a feck about managers either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

awec wrote: »
    I would prefer they fixed the gameplay than add loads of cutscenes and a storyline. Don't give a feck about managers either.

Its more a sim of football on tv than actual football.

awec wrote: »

As I said already I'm worried that something this big and new will mean them neglecting other parts of the game

Especially with this new engine, you can expect things to not run totally smoothly at the start

• Registered Users Posts: 22,159 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I wonder if they have fixed Anfield or added a coin toss yet so if playing as Liverpool you attack the KOP in the 2nd half

• Advertisement

I wonder if they have fixed Anfield or added a coin toss yet so if playing as Liverpool you attack the KOP in the 2nd half

It's literally the one thing I hope they fix every year, and they never do. It's such a simple thing to do and they can't even manage that the useless feckers. :(

Advertisement