Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It'll get there with FIFA, it'd there first year doing it. I'm sure an update along the lines will extend it past the first season, I hope.

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Or when a ****e 58 rated RB is used instead of a 78 rated RB - really twists my nipple nuts

Yea. I joined Sunderland in my game (because I mistakenly thought signing for a lesser team would mean I get to play more, but it seems to make no difference at all who you sign for).

They play 4-5-1 every game. Harry Kane on the bench (which is also really dumb). Even at home against the worst teams in the league it's 4-5-1 with ultra-defensive tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

RossieMan wrote: »
    It'll get there with FIFA, it'd there first year doing it. I'm sure an update along the lines will extend it past the first season, I hope.

A paid DLC knowing EA :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

RossieMan wrote: »

I actually think we won't see any more journey until fifa 2018. Then it'll be Alex's 2nd season with a continued story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I actually think we won't see any more journey until fifa 2018. Then it'll be Alex's 2nd season with a continued story.

I agree... it'll probably be a yearly thing. Game saves will continue the journey from where you left it possibly.
    I still think it was a huge let down only being one season.

• Advertisement

Yea it was disappointing alright.

Eventually it just becomes career mode but with tactics taken out and with a cutscene thrown in every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

awec wrote: »
    Yea it was disappointing alright.

Eventually it just becomes career mode but with tactics taken out and with a cutscene thrown in every now and again.

I don't knows guys, I don't think I could have sat through 5 or 6 seasons of it - it was very predictable (
    the only thing missing was Alex giving his medal to his grand-dad or something equally soppy
    ) and a bit boring towards the end

I don't knows guys, I don't think I could have sat through 5 or 6 seasons of it - it was very predictable (
    the only thing missing was Alex giving his medal to his grand-dad or something equally soppy
    ) and a bit boring towards the end

I'd have liked another season at least, with the chance to go through a transfer window and change club and to play some internationals.

And the chance to not play for bloody England.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Liking the game much more then last years.

Have already played more of 17 then I have of 16.

Currently playing online seasons with Southampton.

Long is king!

Anyway one have any tips for finishing? I'm have at least 8 shots on target each game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I think this is the first year (that I can remember) where I haven't purchased this on launch day. Not entirely sure why. How is the game going for you guys?

Luap wrote: »

Long is king!

Anyway one have any tips for finishing? I'm have at least 8 shots on target each game.

Once you are in the box the low shot is your friend - press the shoot button for your power then press it again fairly quickly, usually drills it along the ground and makes it harder to save

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

py2006 wrote: »
    I think this is the first year (that I can remember) where I haven't purchased this on launch day. Not entirely sure why. How is the game going for you guys?

It's a lot better than 16 imo. Think I've played more games since 17 released than I did all last year with 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    It's a lot better than 16 imo. Think I've played more games since 17 released than I did all last year with 16.

Yea the gameplay is pretty good in the demo. Some of the animations seem buggy but I guess thats because its a demo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I think what would make two journey ultra awesome is if they updated it more they with a new season and when you finished each season it upgrades your ultimate team card.

I like the journey I've no problems with it but it would be worth more to have added incentive.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I think what would make two journey ultra awesome is if they updated it more they with a new season and when you finished each season it upgrades your ultimate team card.

I like the journey I've no problems with it but it would be worth more to have added incentive.

Very true, the final reward isn't really worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If you played Fifa 16 much, change the camera angle to Fifa 16

Once I did this I found I wasn't missing as many silly chances

Anyone on for clubs on pc?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    In NBA 2k17 you can make your own player in their career mode of all races.

It's also fleshed out a lot better, with sponsorship deals, more training,...

Oh I know, I was mostly referring to last years atrocity. With Fifa I dont get why we couldnt pick one of either young lads

Long is king!

Chip shots :pac:
    works everytime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

py2006 wrote: »

Not enjoying it personally. The AI is still fúcked with defenders jumping out of the way for no reason when an opponent is baring down on goal.

There's still that stupid issue whereby you run by a player and are miles ahead only for them to suddenly somehow track back and take the ball from you. This has been an issue for years that still hasn't been sorted.

Opposition goalkeepers are like superhuman beings whereas my keeper let's every manner of goal in.

I'm playing on World Class and I know that it's a high difficulty level but the opposition never loses the ball ever. It's nigh on impossible to play against most times even when you spend time changing tactics/formations/play styles.

World class and above isn't fun to play against. It's unrealistically good. The AI of the 10 players you are not controlling at any point in time is too poor in comparison to the AI of the opposition.

awec wrote: »
    World class and above isn't fun to play against. It's unrealistically good. The AI of the 10 players you are not controlling at any point in time is too poor in comparison to the AI of the opposition.

I agree with this 100%, I only play on the high levels against friends. Its not that I cant win, its more I dont want to play like that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Playing on World Class and the goalkeeper AI was just ridiculous. And I was having a player injured for 3-4 months every 2 weeks in career mode.

I've changed the camera back to fifa 16 default, put goalkeeper ability down to ten and injury frequency and severity way down as well. Makes the game a lot better.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Playing on World Class and the goalkeeper AI was just ridiculous. And I was having a player injured for 3-4 months every 2 weeks in career mode.

I've changed the camera back to fifa 16 default, put goalkeeper ability down to ten and injury frequency and severity way down as well. Makes the game a lot better.

The injuries are ridiculous - poor Seamus Coleman has broken his ankle twice in the same season, in fact all four of my defenders have been injured for over a month

Might take your advice about the keepers - sick of facing superman keepers whereas mine will let in one out of three and theirs saves 10+

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭OrgasmicBaz

To avoid injuries I tend to rotate my squad whenever their fitness bar is depleted. I do still get the odd training injury but they do be rare once you look after your squads fitness levels

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭eggy81

Why is this game just so unenjoyable in career mode even when winning. There's zero satisfaction in winning or scoring a goal even. Every game on world class or above turns into an endless passing exercise with almost no room for individual abilities. 16 was a way better game against ai.

eggy81 wrote: »
    Why is this game just so unenjoyable in career mode even when winning. There's zero satisfaction in winning or scoring a goal even. Every game on world class or above turns into an endless passing exercise with almost no room for individual abilities. 16 was a way better game against ai.

I found going from normal speed to fast made it more enjoyable, it's just so bloody slow otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I find scoring/shooting to be just awfully hard. Been playing fifa since it started and have never found it so difficult to get used to the changes between this and last year. Has anybody any advice because I feel I am missing some secret change that has made this impossible.

Defending has also changed. There seems to be a lot less weight to jockeying players off the ball. I also feel that when the "momentum" engine side of eth game turns, there is pretty much nothing I can do to get the ball back from the AI or stop them having an attack. The routine is that I dominate games mostly, have most of the chances, the momentum shifts once and the AI scores.

Also, I have always been a career mode player but again tried out the UT version. I find it even harder (v AI) then career, no matter what level I play. I used to be legendry status player, now I can barely play Professional (even if my team is far superior to opponent).

Its just not enjoyable. Winning isn't as important as feeling like the game is good fun and performances relative to quality of player, but ability and form seems random. Oh and fitness on Ultimate team is bollox. Every squad I has is knackered after one or two games and needs either health packs or several games rest.

• Advertisement

I don't understand the runs that player makes. Attacking runs seem really bad. My players do not know how to run into space, they sometimes run toward me?! I have the instructions set to run in behind too.

Also seems no concept of obstruction, the number of times my players are taken out off the ball and no free kick is ridiculous.

Advertisement