Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 17

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Does anybody know how to increase club worth in a manager career mode? I can't seem to get it to rise from 0%!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Does anybody know how to increase club worth in a manager career mode? I can't seem to get it to rise from 0%!

Just sell players would be one way.

Just finished my first ever play all the games season in career. Got promoted in play offs, 90th min winner in semis, wife hadnt a clue what I was shouting at.
    What annoys me is a stupid thing but hey. Why cant they change the badges on the jerseys its so annoying :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Kal El wrote: »
    What annoys me is a stupid thing but hey. Why cant they change the badges on the jerseys its so annoying :mad:

I absolutely hate that. Its probably something to do with the way the jerseys are licensed and sponsors. I'd say the licence says that they can only display the jerseys as they appear in real life. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

My Youth Development objective is to sign 4 players from the youth squad and play them in 20 matches either starting or coming on as a sub, so far I've signed 10 and played 1 of them regularly since the start and gave the other the odd games here and there but the objective never changes and I'm constantly getting emails from the board complaining about not filling this objective which is bringing down my score. Anyone else get this problem before or know how to sort it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Been playing for the last few days and I can't stand it. Defending is impossible almost, it's very sluggish to control and that God damn kick off goal is back in full effect. They just ruined the game. Last year's was fine as it was, now it's garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭DamienDarts

Hi lads, I'm a Celtic fan playing FIFA 17 online on the Xbox one and ofcourse I love to play against rangers but I'd guess out of 100 games I have only came across rangers twice.
    Is there any way of making it easier to play rangers or other Scottish teams?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Hi lads, I'm a Celtic fan playing FIFA 17 online on the Xbox one and ofcourse I love to play against rangers but I'd guess out of 100 games I have only came across rangers twice.
    Is there any way of making it easier to play rangers or other Scottish teams?
    Thanks

Only picking a team that is the same star level really. You just have to hope they are a popular side on that start rating.

If celtic and rangers aren't on the same level or if rangers aren't a particularly good team in their star level then you probably aren't going to be seeing them too often

Been playing for the last few days and I can't stand it. Defending is impossible almost, it's very sluggish to control and that God damn kick off goal is back in full effect. They just ruined the game. Last year's was fine as it was, now it's garbage.

You think? I havent conceded a single kick off goal :confused:

Yep just untouchable dribbling, absolute state of it. Can't believe they didn't sort that out. Defending is horrible. 16 was reasonable for defending, this just seems unfair. I also feel there's a slight button lag online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Is anyone else coming up against invisible teams in seasons? I get at least 2-3 a day. And my opponate doesn't always go for a mutual quit. Does anyone know if the opponate can see themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

I am thinking about getting this game for Christmas, is it worth it? the new story mode "the Journey " looks very interesting, just wondering should I shell out the cash for this game or get PES instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I like it. I find online the best in years.

The journey is fine, nothing major put of it for me. Career mode is still lacking for me, not enough put into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Gregorym2 wrote: »
    I am thinking about getting this game for Christmas, is it worth it? the new story mode "the Journey " looks very interesting, just wondering should I shell out the cash for this game or get PES instead?

I found the Journey to be disappointing and very predictable

The gameplay is much slower than previous years, they have tried to take the emphasis away from running past defenders to passing around them to create space - I find the crossing to be laughable and they've ruined the free kick system.......and the online players are still a bunch of ar5eholes

Others may disagree but that is my two cents...

I found the Journey to be disappointing and very predictable

The gameplay is much slower than previous years, they have tried to take the emphasis away from running past defenders to passing around them to create space - I find the crossing to be laughable and they've ruined the free kick system.......and the online players are still a bunch of ar5eholes

Others may disagree but that is my two cents...
    I always buy PES every year as I love the editing system on this, whats FIFA 17 editing mode like this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I always buy PES every year as I love the editing system on this, whats FIFA 17 editing mode like this year?

I must confess that it's not something I can answer because I don't do it......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

The same as every FIFA, you can only change a players stats, boots and jersey and sock style or give them ankle or wrist tape.

I thought it was garbage this year, getting run over in the box and not a whistle to be heard anywhere is madness. Players just gliding through defenses and no chance of a tackle. The Journey is cringetown central. I'm back to Fifa 16 again, and it's just a million times better.

I wish Fifa had the ability to install faces like PES. I dont think the licence excuse flies when PES can do it. It would really add to the game

• Administrators Posts: 53,799 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I thought it was garbage this year, getting run over in the box and not a whistle to be heard anywhere is madness. Players just gliding through defenses and no chance of a tackle. The Journey is cringetown central. I'm back to Fifa 16 again, and it's just a million times better.
    That's the momentum thing, it's really annoying. FIFA starts weighting things toward one team, you'll know when it's your team because your passes almost all come off and your team make semi-decent runs with good movement, and you'll know when it's the opposition because your players will forget to track runs, will stand like statues and you can barely pass it 5 yards.

It's supposed to make things more realistic but really it just makes things more frustrating because it's pretty nonsensical because of how it works. Your team will allow the ball to practically roll across their foot but won't touch it because the game has determined that it should reach the intended opposition player because they are currently going through a period of control in the game.

• Advertisement

Big Ross winner :cool: Championship Final Winner last minute :D
    The baby couldnt handle her excitement if you listen closely :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

My 11-year old son has a PS3. The only game he plays is FIFA 16. He doesn't play online, doesn't have a PSN account. He is looking for FIFA 17 for Christmas. Can FIFA 17 be played offline? I looked up the different editions but it's all double-dutch to me, I don't game at all. Should I get it for him and which edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Heighway61 wrote: »
    My 11-year old son has a PS3. The only game he plays is FIFA 16. He doesn't play online, doesn't have a PSN account. He is looking for FIFA 17 for Christmas. Can FIFA 17 be played offline? I looked up the different editions but it's all double-dutch to me, I don't game at all. Should I get it for him and which edition?

Yep it can indeed be played offline. Just the standard edition is perfect, the special editions include extra content as to online modes only. Use Amazon or thegamecollection to pick it up cheapest.

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Argos is also a good shout if you want it quick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

A heads up that FIFA 17 will be free to play this weekend - Thursday evening to Sunday morning. 10 hours of play on Xbox One (unless you've already used your 10 hours as an EA Access sub); not mentioned if this applies to PS4 too, but you'd imagine so.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/11/23/fifa-17-is-free-to-play-this-weekend-on-ps4-and-xbox-one/

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Twiceasnice97

My son got an x box one from Santa Claus this year. The FIFa 17 download was part of the package.
    My problem is that it is telling me it can`t be played offline.
    It took ages to download and install but I am not going to allow my 11 year old son to play online when the box is offering all sorts of contacts with god knows who.
    I have set the box to automatic sign in and myhome box but still no joy
    Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

My son got an x box one from Santa Claus this year. The FIFa 17 download was part of the package.
    It took ages to download and install but I am not going to allow my 11 year old son to play online when the box is offering all sorts of contacts with god knows who.
    Any advice?

What's the worst thing that's going to happen playing Fifa online?... he's going to hear some bad language?
    But there should be a way to play offline for people that don't have a permanent internet connection.... maybe over on the dedicated Xbox forum might be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Any advice?

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/networking/using-xbox-one-offline

Any advice?

That's an XBOX problem not Fifa, try asking on the XBOX forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Twiceasnice97

What's the worst thing that's going to happen playing Fifa online?... .

This is an extraordinarily naïve statement.

Advertisement